• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Prediction for the coming week

Mr. Scot

On 3/4/2021 at 9:00 AM, TLGPanthersFan said:

We could get some good players at cheaper prices due to the lower cap. Hope we concentrate on OL, S and a slot WR. 

I'd bet good money on us targeting at least one vet OL and DB. I'd prefer to target slot WR in the draft though. There are a lot of good looking mid-round prospects there. There's also an outside chance that Samuel won't have the market he expects. He may opt to sign a short term deal to hit the market again next year. If that's the case, IMO we'd be his best bet. Brady has shown to be adept at using him.

23 hours ago, Pup McBarky said:

Meh, let's be realistic. Yes, we could get some really good players for one year. Then what? I'd rather save our money and focus on the draft, maybe fill a couple of OL or DL holes with young promising players we can sign to 2 or 3 year contracts.

If those players help keep our QB upright, fine.

usually my hopes are high in freeagency until the first couple days seeing all these freeagents being signed by other teams and the panthers sign joe smith undrafted free agent from dallas practice squad 3 years ago . but this year i think we spend , no more hurney is a blessing

On 3/4/2021 at 10:16 AM, davos said:

Hopeful.  1 yr 13.5 mil at a min w/tag I think.

Then we've got 17 mil to spend elsewhere.  Potentially more without Shaq or Bridge.  Could get up to 27 mil.

Would imagine we hold off on a splash until we figure out the QB sit

Yeah I definitely think Shaq could be one of those surprise cuts.

28 minutes ago, stbugs said:

We could have been huge players. We wasted $70M+ that we could have spent this year during bargain hunting or saved until next year when we were closer to competing. Instead we got 1 year of Teddy, Okung, Short, Weatherly, Apple and Roberts. Criminal stupidity.

You can't carry over 70 million when the minimum threshold (89% of cap) was $176.4 million.  We would have been like 40 million below that. That's not how this works. You can't just make up your own rules and criticize the world for not following them and call others stupid.

PS....the Short/Okung move leads to more cap space this year not less.

Edited by Moo Daeng