• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms “no way the panthers draft Lance at 8”

GoobyPls

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, Belichick is looking at guys who will likely be available at #15.

We should also look at Belichick's QB drafting history. It isn't exactly all roses.

EvfGL8CWgAAEgQH?format=jpg&name=large

Brady is like the exception in everyway. I could see Jones on this list like an inverted Brady. 

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Brady is like the exception in everyway. I could see Jones on this list like an inverted Brady. 

In his defense he's never drafted a QB in the 1st round, but honestly Belichick's draft record isn't a particularly good one.

And honestly, as of right now, the "was it Belichick or was it Brady?" question is leaning really hard toward Brady.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

In his defense he's never drafted a QB in the 1st round, but honestly Belichick's draft record isn't a particularly good one.

And honestly, as of right now, the "was it Belichick or was it Brady?" question is leaning really hard toward Brady.

Fun BB fact.  In 20 years, there are only 2 exceptions where he didn't draft defense or a lineman in the first round.  Maroney and Harry.  BB probably drafts a hog molly lol. 

• Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree with all of that. 

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Belichick's draft history isn't all Belichick. In the early years, it was as much Scott Pioli as Bill.

29 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean I am interested.   I doubt BB is trade in to the top 10 interested for Mac Jones. 

I mean there was a reason Tom Brady was a 6th rounder.    There were reasons BB passed on him 5 rounds in a row too.  Brady is a unicorn.   People always defy the odds.  But the odds are the odds for a reason. 

If not him then someone else will take him. Jones is a legit NFL quarterback candidate and in our system would be very good. He dismantled the Buckeyes and it wasn't as close as the score made it appear. Jones was great that game and his talent around him wasn't that much better than what Fields had. The hunt for the next Mahomes has really skewed QB evaluations.

• Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Its been proven time and time again the job of both GM and Head Coach is just too much for any individual over the long run. 

I think Matt Rhule has figured that out too.

If you read what college coach Matt Rhule said he'd want as an NFL coach and compare it to the statements he's made since actually getting the job, it definitely seems he's learned just how difficult the job really is.