• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Note for Trey Lance fans...

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Ronald Curry?? As in THE Ronald Curry?! Also the Falcons need to piss off and keep Matt Ryan. He is their burden to bear...

Yeah, that's him.

He's had a decent coaching career, mostly as a receivers coach but the Saints just recently switched him to quarterback coach after theirs defected to Detroit.

Edited by Mr. Scot

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Ronald Curry?? As in THE Ronald Curry?! Also the Falcons need to piss off and keep Matt Ryan. He is their burden to bear...

Personally, I think drafting the third or fourth best QB at #4 when you have Ryan under a huge contract and SO MANY needs is dumb.  The "no brainer" move is to trade out, acquire a first rounder for next year so you can move up---and meet some needs.

Too many GMs see a QB as a "get out of jail free" card.  You put an entire franchise on 21-year-old shoulders and you sit back and hope for a miracle.  Dumb. 

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

They will.  And we are not talking scouts or position coaches here--we are sending the 2 who will be making the pick.  Heck, I would want to see Lance--then see the others---just to see how his skill set compares. 

It will be interesting to see if they attend Bama and Texas AM too to see the QBs work.   (Have they seen enough of Jones?  Are they curious at all about Mond?)

There are recruiting links between Rhule and mind back in the day ....we know what that means 

he is projected late day 2 to day 3. Would not surprise me one bit 

Edited by raleigh-panther

1 hour ago, Varking said:

They have a tackle they are probably scouting there. I don’t think we are going to have a first round pick. 

Rhule is going there to watch Lance.

As of right now we do have a 1st round pick and until that changes they’re going to plan as if they’re picking 8th

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

As of right now we do have a 1st round pick and until that changes they’re going to plan as if they’re picking 8th

Yes--the watson thing is out of their hands, and if they see something the like in the draft, it could impact their price point.

Even without Watson, we have to know what we are willing to do on draft day--Are we trading up for Lance?  how far?  etc.

Watch Denver, Fua.  They are laying low and I think they will move up as far as they can. 

34 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I don’t think anyone seriously believes our coach is going to NDSUs Pro Day and he wouldn’t watch Trey Lance…

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Yes--the watson thing is out of their hands, and if they see something the like in the draft, it could impact their price point.

Even without Watson, we have to know what we are willing to do on draft day--Are we trading up for Lance?  how far?  etc.

Watch Denver, Fua.  They are laying low and I think they will move up as far as they can. 

Denver is a threat. I have even seen one proposal where they use Jerry Jeudy to move from 9 to 3

Miami needs weapons

• Pie 1