• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trai Turner Released

Troys99x4

Trai was a bum when he was here...  he strictly got reputation off of name-recognition and from his stature coming out of college.  To be as big and as talented as he was/is, he was one of the main guys letting Cam get beat up on all those years.

That being said, he is better than Reed, but thats a really low bar.  If he wants to come back on a dirt cheap deal and see how he does, that's up to him, but he isn't changing much.

Turner was fine on his first contract, he got that second deal and promptly stopped giving a fug.

If he truly wants to continue his career then he'll sign a "prove it" deal and play well...for at least that year or two.  If he is fat and happy with what he's already made he's done....stick a fork in him and please don't bring him back.

These types of guys should never get guaranteed money, hopefully FOs know this by now.

Edited by Rocky Davis
  • Pie 1

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I don't know. His motivation level seems questionable at absolute best these days and I think we're going to have a lot of young OL in the locker room. Not sure he's the best vet mentor for that type of room. If we're bringing back a former player on the OL I'd rather have Norwell.

Has Norwell been released?

9 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Trai was a bum when he was here...  he strictly got reputation off of name-recognition and from his stature coming out of college.  To be as big and as talented as he was/is, he was one of the main guys letting Cam get beat up on all those years.

That being said, he is better than Reed, but thats a really low bar.  If he wants to come back on a dirt cheap deal and see how he does, that's up to him, but he isn't changing much.

...a dollar would be too much to spend on this dude...

• Pie 1

On 3/12/2021 at 3:24 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

A lot of OL just keep going back to the Pro Bowl off name recognition alone. You really thought Trai deserved a Pro Bowl nod his last year with us? That was a joke. If he was a legit Pro Bowl caliber player we wouldn't have traded him for a LT who was already reportedly mulling retirement.

Norwell has been the better OG for awhile now. He's not the elite OG the Jags paid him to be and that's why he got released, but he's a serviceable starting OG. Trai just seems to have mailed it in and he's been fat as poo for years now.

This is viable. I know that is how it was for Tolbert for a while, just going on a couple of good seasons. But claiming to know his weight being over 360, you are reaching dude.

Norwell has been just as bad or mediocre as Trai, which is why he is just as unemployed. 

On 3/12/2021 at 4:24 PM, Panthera onca said:

Careful, here comes the race card.

On 3/12/2021 at 5:54 PM, WarHeel said:

That didn’t take long.

I am sincerely confused as to what both of you are talking about. I need to just post nonsense 3-4 word posts to get my count up.

28 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

This is viable. I know that is how it was for Tolbert for a while, just going on a couple of good seasons. But claiming to know his weight being over 360, you are reaching dude.

Norwell has been just as bad or mediocre as Trai, which is why he is just as unemployed. 

Trai got fat as poo

That's my point of his listed weight was 320 he definitely tickled the scales around that point by the time we parted ways with him.

Norwell has disappointed based on the size of his contract, but he's been a solid OG. He wasn't paid to be "solid".

Trai feels like the opposite of what Rhule is looking for. He wants hard working, tough, playing through injury, self motivated etc. players. The last few years Trai felt like nothing of the above. Felt like he quit a bit when he got his big contract, until then he was awesome.

I think we’ll resign Miller to a 3-year contract at a good price.