• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Signings Thread

Ricky Spanish

When we signed Teddy last year, I knew we were screwed. This year it's just creeping along, which is an improvement I guess. Day one and we are 0-3 on our choices.

On the bright side, when we IR these guys we will get some cap back.

14 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

The Elflein deal isn't bad money-wise, but the Erving contract is the one that's a little too pricey for me, even ranked 77th.

There's 160 starting O-linemen in the League.  So yeah, 77th seems high and there's no guarantee he'll even start,so......

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Speaking of train wrecks...thoughts on your Steelers last year?

Fun start. But they were never that good as it seemed when they were 11-0. No running game and Ben looked done for a month. Didn’t take much. AFC had lot of very good teams. 

Just now, 45catfan said:

The Elflein deal isn't bad money-wise, but the Erving contract is the one that's a little too pricey for me, even ranked 77th.

There's 160 starting O-linemen in the League.  So yeah, 77th seems high and there's no guarantee he'll even start,so......

I'm pretty sure if he doesn't start he won't earn all those incentives that make the contract seem so large.  If he rides the pine he won't earn all of it.  If he does start it's either a good thing or a bad thing.  Which it will be is yet to be determined.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

You are comparing tackles to all others. He's the lowest paid starting LT not on a rookie deal and won't get that much if he doesn't start.

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Has he primarily played LT so far?