• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Signings Thread

Ricky Spanish

3 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Who's available that went to Temple and/or Baylor?

Haason Reddick, though he's not expected to be cheap.

Might also be wise to look at former Seahawks (James Carpenter and KJ Wright come to mind).

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Haason Reddick, though he's not expected to be cheap.

Might also be wise to look at former Seahawks (James Carpenter and KJ Wright come to mind).

Reddick will really have to value fit over money if he were to sign here. 

As much as I want Haason, he’d be a bit of a luxury for us at this point 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Who's available that went to Temple and/or Baylor?

I always thought the Panthers would sign Robby Anderson last offseason because of his Matt Rhule connection, but he was one of the last players signed if I remember correctly

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

*Jansen isn't official yet, but has reportedly agreed to terms.

There aren't a lot of names on that list I expect to be back. Armah, Elder, Larsen, Miller, and maaaaybe Samuel are the most notable ones I could see being re-signed.

14 minutes ago, hepcat said:

There aren't a lot of names on that list I expect to be back. Armah, Elder, Larsen, Miller, and maaaaybe Samuel are the most notable ones I could see being re-signed.

I want Elder back, and I think we will re-sign Miller.  I am not sure Armah comes back. He was a good special teamer, below average FB, in my opinion. Lotta teams don't use them any more. 

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I want Elder back, and I think we will re-sign Miller.  I am not sure Armah comes back. He was a good special teamer, below average FB, in my opinion. Lotta teams don't use them any more. 

They like Hartsfield. He showed good things when he finally got a shot at nickle

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

They like Hartsfield. He showed good things when he finally got a shot at nickle

I did not realize he played Nickel--he is a tremendous athlete.   I know when asked, Rhule (and this does not matter much at all except for the fact that Hartsfield can play every position in the secondary) mentioned his as one of the Safeties---so I did not think of him that way.  Interesting point. Thanks,

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Noteworthy: Although there's a general expectation that the team will make a tender offer to Efe Obada, they have yet to do so.

If they don't make one by 4pm Wednesday, he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

I can see them wanting to bring him back, but Efe might be able to get some serious interest on the free agent market. I hope they move quickly and get him back on board before he hits free agency. I can see someone like WFT or the Falcons grabbing him.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

*Jansen isn't official yet, but has reportedly agreed to terms.

Honestly, out of that group my wishlist is pretty much just Samuel and at least one of our starting guards from last season. And, to be truthful, I'm not sure either of the two guards couldn't be replaced by a healthy, young, mean, cheap UDFA.