• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: The Panthers are "locked on Watson"

MVPccaffrey

40 minutes ago, bandu said:

the Panthers lost 8 games last year by a margin of one score or less .so we know or should know considering the facts that this team is a piece away as well 

Let’s not forget that tampa crushed us twice...and the Saints did in last game....we are NOT a QB away from competing for a championship 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Scott12345 said:

Let’s not forget that tampa crushed us twice...and the Saints did in last game....we are NOT a QB away from competing for a championship 

maybe not & probably so but were close enough

Edited by bandu

4 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

The Bucs were 5-11, 5-11, and 7-9 over their last three years. Turned out they actually WERE a QB away from competing for a championship and in case you haven't been paying attention, the Saints' QB just retired.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Bucs were 5-11, 5-11, and 7-9 over their last three years. Turned out they actually WERE a QB away from competing for a championship and in case you haven't been paying attention, the Saints' QB just retired.

I said us, not tampa

the bucs have had a competent GM for a while and he was building...and he didn’t trade away the farm to get his qb

and Watson is not the GOAT

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

57 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

To be sure to get Watson we will have to overpay....just about any FA or trade for a great player requires you to overpay

i just find it totally absurd that many of you guys are so easily willing to give away so much for a single player

we need to keep building thru the draft and selective FA

and giving up 3 #1s plus other picks and our young players on rookie deals is nothing short of idiocy 

our owner, coach, & GM are NOT going to do that

PS: can’t wait to see you all blow up when we draft the QB from the National Champs, and one of the best offenses in college football history

For starters, acquiring a QB of Deshaun Watson's ability and body of work before he really hits his prime would be a first for anyone. I have seen some argue or intimate that he was the best this past season, but he has put up some historic numbers despite being on a crap team! 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-deshaun-watson-best-quarterback-2020-houston-texans

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/houston-texans-quarterback-deshaun-watson-was-the-nfls-best-quarterback-in-2020-pff-argues

https://www.sbnation.com/secret-base/22175134/deshaun-watson-stats-houston-texans-dorktown

Secondly, you won't see me "blowing up" regardless about drafting Jones with our number 8 pick. I'd give it a 10 percent chance of happening. But. If it does, I will be more analytical than angry about it.

I don't believe in betting, but anyone that wants to make a wager on it straight-up, feel free. I know that you (and I am using the term generally) don't really believe it yourself.

Just now, MVPccaffrey said:

There are really fans here who would rather be the Chicago Bears with a great defense year after year convincing themselves they are "a piece away" than actually grab a top 5 QB in the league at age 25, whew

I find you annoying for the most part, Cammvp but you're right. People not wanting us to get a top 5 qb are nuts

Just now, MVPccaffrey said:

There are really fans here who would rather be the Chicago Bears with a great defense year after year convincing themselves they are "a piece away" than actually grab a top 5 QB in the league at age 25, whew

The irony here is that was the Texans pre-Watson. They had a GREAT defense and were a QB away. It just took them a little too long to get their QB and they missed their window. I want to trade for Watson but I want Burns, Brown, and Chinn off the table.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The irony here is that was the Texans pre-Watson. They had a GREAT defense and were a QB away. It just took them a little too long to get their QB and they missed their window. I want to trade for Watson but I want Burns, Brown, and Chinn off the table.

Are we winning the SB in the next two or three seasons before those guys get paaaaaaaaaaid, which they will if they're as good as the huddle thinks they are?  This with a Bridgewater or rookie gamble as the starter.  Cause if not we're going to split them up at some point regardless.

6 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

I said us, not tampa

the bucs have had a competent GM for a while and he was building...and he didn’t trade away the farm to get his qb

and Watson is not the GOAT

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2015 6-10

2016 9-7

2017 5-11

2018 5-11

2019 7-9

so explain to me why you believe they had a competent GM for a while? 

2 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Are we winning the SB in the next two or three seasons before those guys get paaaaaaaaaaid, which they will if they're as good as the huddle thinks they are?  This with a Bridgewater or rookie gamble as the starter.  Cause if not we're going to split them up at some point regardless.

Maybe. With some young elite defenders, good offensive weapons, and a focus on the OL I definitely do not rule out competing for a SB within that timeframe if we add an MVP caliber QB.

• Flames 2