• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go on record. Who still wants Watson?

Sasquatch

8 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Icege described Watson as "preying on women by exploiting his power" months after celebrating a similarly accused rapist becoming more powerful than Watson could ever dream of being. The moralizing is a bad look. He doesn't have to want Watson but he should stop acting like what separates him from those who do is "decency".

Well,there are certainly some posters that are demonstrating a startling lack of decency (not an accusation against you. More in reference to the crazy poo in the last thread).

I haven't followed Icege's posts closely but I don't think I would personally call Watson a predator just yet. Still a lot to learn. Watson seems likely to have done some inappropriate things, and so I don't want him until at least we know much more about the facts.

There are 2 cases filed that are MUCH more concerning than the others... but the very fact the lawyer is lying about police contact and making really weird and false statements about his knowledge of the McNairs makes me want to hold judgment on any one case.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Not interested in a political discussion. Just wondering why your "decency as a person" allows you to make exceptions for some rapists and not others. You should stop moralizing when you have similar blindspots to the people who still want Watson despite the allegations.

17 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Yikes

It's wild the reach y'all are trying to make there. Did I call the state of GA voting for Biden, Ossof, and Warnock as opposed to going Trump, Perdue, and Loeffler on the night of the election saving the country? Yes. Please, tell me how that provides any inconsistency here.

Now, if y'all wanna try to have a good faith conversation here, let's try something relevant.

For example: We can talk about how I reacted to the Biden/Reade allegations. Go ahead and search the Huddle and social media. See anywhere where I denied her accusations, insinuated that it was a conspiracy by the GOP, or any of the other type of behaviour we're seeing in here? No? Well then... 🤔

Like I've been saying: support women and victims.

All ima say is the timing and connections to the McNair or mightysuspicious. And we ALL know he thought the Texans players were his property. (Ed Reed, Andre Johnson, Foster) 

And these are only civil suits... 

Let's see how this goes 

Edited by jumpman910
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Well,there are certainly some posters that are demonstrating a startling lack of decency (not an accusation against you. More in reference to the crazy poo in the last thread).

I haven't followed Icege's posts closely but I don't think I would personally call Watson a predator just yet. Still a lot to learn. Watson seems likely to have done some inappropriate things, and so I don't want him until at least we know much more about the facts.

There are 2 cases filed that are MUCH more concerning than the others... but the very fact the lawyer is lying about police contact and making really weird and false statements about his knowledge of the McNairs makes me want to hold judgment on any one case.

That's where I'm at. I need to see where this goes after his accusers have their say. I believe them now and I'm going to need some evidence that makes me not believe them before I stop. If the scummy lawyer already provided the most damning evidence in those DMs though then I don't know if that's enough.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Icege said:

It's wild the reach y'all are trying to make there. Did I call the state of GA voting for Biden, Ossof, and Warnock as opposed to going Trump, Perdue, and Loeffler on the night of the election saving the country? Yes. Please, tell me how that provides any inconsistency here.

Now, if y'all wanna try to have a good faith conversation here, let's try something relevant.

For example: We can talk about how I reacted to the Biden/Reade allegations. Go ahead and search the Huddle and social media. See anywhere where I denied her accusations, insinuated that it was a conspiracy by the GOP, or any of the other type of behaviour we're seeing in here? No? Well then... 🤔

Like I've been saying: support women and victims.

Not sure you have ever acknowledged Tara Reade or explained how a vote to make her rapist the most powerful politician in the world is the product of "decency". It's cool if you don't want Watson right now, I wouldn't trade for him at this exact moment either. I just think you're compensating for your own blindspots when you're attacking the character of people who are able to look past the allegations when you have a history of doing that yourself. It's a complicated case just based on what information we have so take it easy with the grandstanding.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Icege described Watson as "preying on women by exploiting his power" months after celebrating a similarly accused rapist becoming more powerful than Watson could ever dream of being. The moralizing is a bad look. He doesn't have to want Watson but he should stop acting like what separates him from those who do is "decency".

1 hour ago, Icege said:

We need to support potential victims of sexual misconduct more than we need to support the loathing of the idea of one more year with Teddy Bridgewater starting at QB. As a Clemson fan and Panthers fan, the idea of Deshaun was intoxicating right up until he needed to sort out his legal affairs. However, if he's out here preying on women and exploiting them by leveraging his power (physical or fame) or even being thought of as doing so then noooooo thank yooooou.

The full quote was "if he's out here preying on women." It was not a describing Watson as doing so. Let's try not to misrepresent what we can clearly see. If we want to remain consistent, we can go to the primaries when the Reade allegations broke and look at who my candidate was then (Bernie btw). Let's be consistent.

I wanted Watson, but like I said in the quoted statement, those legal affairs need to be sorted out.

Though I will agree, decency definitely separates those of us not wanting an individual that just had 12 civil suits filed against them for sexual misconduct from those that think "Buy low! He can be gotten for cheap!"

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

12 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

All ima say is the timing and connections to the McNair or mightysuspicious. And we ALL know he thought the Texans players were his property. (Ed Reed, Andre Johnson, Foster) 

And these are only civil suits... 

Let's see how this goes 

This is on par with Trump claiming the election was stolen.  There is no proof at all McNair is involved and you also may want to educate yourself about who said what and how he phrased it.  You have it completely wrong.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Icege said:

The full quote was "if he's out here preying on women." It was not a describing Watson as doing so. Let's try not to misrepresent what we can clearly see. If we want to remain consistent, we can go to the primaries when the Reade allegations broke and look at who my candidate was then (Bernie btw). Let's be consistent.

I wanted Watson, but like I said in the quoted statement, those legal affairs need to be sorted out.

Though I will agree, decency definitely separates those of us not wanting an individual that just had 12 civil suits filed against them for sexual misconduct from those that think "Buy low! He can be gotten for cheap!"

It's not a misrepresentation. And actually the full quote was "However, if he's out here preying on women and exploiting them by leveraging his power (physical or fame) or even being thought of as doing so then noooooo thank yooooou." There's a push to convict him in the court of public opinion. That was the whole point of the lawyer's press conference yesterday. I take issue with the moralizing you've done claiming "decency" when you have been able to look past similar allegations at the same stage. That's all. How many here are doing any different than you were able to do last November? If his accusers get their day in court to face the accused (more than Biden's ever got) and it's clear he's a predator and people are still wanting him to be the quarterback of the Panthers then it would be a matter of decency. We aren't there yet.

• Pie 2