• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go on record. Who still wants Watson?

Sasquatch

9 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

For 24 people to come out and say he has done something I’m sorry but that says bogus. Maybe someone should read before just believing just one sided. JS

Or it could say he is a serial predator. Look, If there are 24 people lying and this is one big shake down a good lawyer will be able to snuff it out and all these stories will fall apart. However, no one will know until we get more information and perhaps go to trial. This doesn’t look good IMO, but I won’t place judgment until there are more facts. That’s why it’s best to stay neutral about it. It’s even more important for the Panthers to stay neutral because if you end up trading for him and all this is true it is a huge mistake. I don’t understand why some of y’all don’t get that. Y’all just don’t give a damn and don’t think about the consequences. Look past the football and stop coming from a fan perspective. Also this post hilarious because you criticize people for believing one side as you yourself only believe on side.

Edited by MGH1989

9 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

For 24 people to come out and say he has done something I’m sorry but that says bogus. Maybe someone should read before just believing just one sided. JS

Yeah 24 different people that he happen to reach out to for massages this past year all decided to lie on legal documents and put their career and lives on the line for money they may never see? The higher the number the more likely it is this happened. If it was just the one from the beginning that wanted money before going public it would look a lot believable on his part.

On 3/27/2021 at 12:33 AM, Agent Blue said:

There is no such thing as convictions from civil suits. Either you win a civil suit, or you lose a civil suit, or you settle it without it going to the judge/jury etc. 

I am precisely coming at this from a business standpoint. No one cares about civil cases. If it had any real legs it would be criminal. Civil cases are just people trying to make some money off of rich people. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Yes, I understand the difference between a conviction in a criminal realm and a civil judgment. I misspoke. Dude, I am a lawyer, I can unequivocally tell you people do care about civil actions, so you really don’t know why you’re talking about if you think that the sole purpose of a civil suit.

If OJ had done all the things he is accused of while he was playing would you have signed him? Cause you know he wasn’t convicted criminally, but the Brown family won a judgment against him...

Again, some of y’all are way to fan boy about this and don’t think about the business or PR perspective an don’t understand risk management.

3 hours ago, MGH1989 said:

Yes, I understand the difference between a conviction in a criminal realm and a civil judgment. I misspoke. Dude, I am a lawyer, I can unequivocally tell you people do care about civil actions, so you really don’t know why you’re talking about if you think that the sole purpose of a civil suit.

If OJ had done all the things he is accused of while he was playing would you have signed him? Cause you know he wasn’t convicted criminally, but the Brown family won a judgment against him...

Again, some of y’all are way to fan boy about this and don’t think about the business or PR perspective an don’t understand risk management.

OJ was prosecuted criminally for murder. Apples to oranges. 

For something serious ie criminal, i'd imagine the best course of action would be to make a player inactive until they can resolve their legal issues. 

Most of the people who watch fball are men. Men know these women filling civil suits about sexual misconduct are mostly groupies who are looking for a payday.  

There is nothing to risk here. At worst Watson pays some women and gets suspended a few games or even 1 season. After that he will come back and be elite and in a year or so no one will remember it. 

We can save this post and see which of us was right. 

3 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

if it was only one you'd probably say it wasn't believable because it's just one girl. 

if these woman want anyone to remotely take them serious they need to try and get criminal charges filed. 

as of now they just seem money hungry and looking for a pay out. 

• Poo 2

20 hours ago, CanePantherHornet said:

Hadn't seen this.  Deeply disturbing.  Feel horrible for those women...

edit: this reads like a dude who is used to getting what he wants from women and thinks all he needs to do is demand it.  given the frequency and some of the things he says it makes me wonder how many other women are afraid to come forward. fuged up.

Edited by mav1234

4 hours ago, MGH1989 said:

To quote the great Dave Chappelle: "Sharon, with all due respect, that murderer ran for over 11,000 yards".

Yes, if he can help my team win football games. 

4 minutes ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

It's not looking good.  Now they're talking about possibly 20 lawsuits in total, to be filed.  Now it's possible that DW will have more lawsuits then touchdown passes this year.  

they are all civil. nothing much to see. 

at worst he has to pay some money and sit out a few games or 1 season. 

i guarantee the nfl wont do more than that

1 hour ago, Agent Blue said:

OJ was prosecuted criminally for murder. Apples to oranges. 

For something serious ie criminal, i'd imagine the best course of action would be to make a player inactive until they can resolve their legal issues. 

Most of the people who watch fball are men. Men know these women filling civil suits about sexual misconduct are mostly groupies who are looking for a payday.  

There is nothing to risk here. At worst Watson pays some women and gets suspended a few games or even 1 season. After that he will come back and be elite and in a year or so no one will remember it. 

We can save this post and see which of us was right. 

OJ was also found not guilty of murder. He was exonerated under the criminal justice system. He was found liable for murder in a civil court. Under your argument civil suits don’t matter, they are just money grabs. So you would have been cool with a prime OJ on the Panthers since he was found liable in a civil court. That’s your argument man, remember civil suits don’t matter...

3 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

OJ was also found not guilty of murder. He was exonerated under the criminal justice system. He was found liable for murder in a civil court. Under your argument civil suits don’t matter, they are just money grabs. So you would have been cool with a prime OJ on the Panthers since he was found liable in a civil court. That’s your argument man, remember civil suits don’t matter...

personally id think he was guilty, but id hate to set a precedence of making employment decisions on civil suits that have a much lower level standards for losing decisions.