• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go on record. Who still wants Watson?

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

You wanted to hear from a licensed massage therapist. From the story:

She is a licensed massage therapist who owns her own business in Houston.

You asked if she worked out of her home and said "we don't know anything". Again, from the story:

She met Watson when he arrived at her rented office space in the fall of 2019.

And besides the vetting, they also reached out to Watson's attorney. His response was basically "I don't have time to talk about this. We're busy!"

I'd add that you previously referred to all the accusers as "a bunch of nobodies", like Watson being famous and them being unknown somehow invalidated everything. Is that the path you're sticking with?

what page is that post on?  The bunch of nobodies? 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Don't know if it's even in this thread, but I remember replying to it.

Well if you find it, let me know.

maybe I ruffled your feathers somewhere.  Not the intent.   Have a good night.  

“nobodies” isn’t a very popular word oddly enough around here.   would have thought with some of our units we have put together we would have used it more on the board. Shows up twice recently.  You accusing me of saying it and me responding.

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

They are not the same situation. Ben had 1 accuser. Watson has 20+.

Ben was accused twice of sexual assault, once of rape. 

watson is more or less being accused of being naked for a massage. 

not defending him, but my gut says this is going nowhere because of no criminal accusations. Ben slipped through because the DA didn’t have enough evidence. That said, if we are comparing the nature of the accusations, Ben’s incidents were much more concerning.  

On 3/20/2021 at 9:36 AM, CRA said:

Still too much unknown to call it any which way.  

if it never evolves past a bunch of anonymous Jane Does making allegations and nothing more? 

Watson and the Texans aren’t screwed yet.   It’s the NFL.   He would just keep playing and everyone would forget about it at large.   Not advocating that is right.  But again, look at superstars in the NFL and more specifically the only QB comparable which is Big Ben.   

@Mr. Scot

This is the post.  And it isn’t exactly calling them “a bunch of nobodies” as your context implied IMO.  

It merely was alluding to the fact it needs to evolve past only being Jane Doe allegations at some point.  Which I think it has to do at some point.  

and I made sure to note that the NFL doing what it does isn’t necessarily the right thing ...just because the NFL does it.  

and I realize this is a sensitive topic.  So again, I’m not trying to ruffle your feathers.   I’ve read your post.   I know it is a personal topic. Went searching because I was legitimately going to amend the post if it was what you stated.  

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

@Mr. Scot

This is the post.  And it isn’t exactly calling them “a bunch of nobodies” as your context implied IMO.  

It merely was alluding to the fact it needs to evolve past only being Jane Doe allegations at some point.  Which I think it has to do at some point.  

and I made sure to note that the NFL doing what it does isn’t necessarily the right thing ...just because the NFL does it.  

and I realize this is a sensitive topic.  So again, I’m not trying to ruffle your feathers.   I’ve read your post.   I know it is a personal topic. Went searching because I was legitimately going to amend the post if it was what you stated.  

Fair enough.

19 minutes ago, Asurfaholic said:

Ben was accused twice of sexual assault, once of rape. 

watson is more or less being accused of being naked for a massage. 

not defending him, but my gut says this is going nowhere because of no criminal accusations. Ben slipped through because the DA didn’t have enough evidence. That said, if we are comparing the nature of the accusations, Ben’s incidents were much more concerning.  

Yeah, it's not just "being naked". Three different women have accused him of forcing them to perform oral sex.

Also worth remembering that if you expose yourself in areas where you're not supposed to or where it's unwanted, that's enough to get you arrested.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, it's not just "being naked". Three different women have accused him of forcing them to perform oral sex.

Also worth remembering that if you expose yourself in areas where you're not supposed to or where it's unwanted, that's enough to get you arrested.

Do you believe that 3/3 women who have accused him of forcing them to perform oral sex on him were all equally unwilling to leave and immediately contact law enforcement? 

That just doesn’t add up to me. 

Just now, Asurfaholic said:

Do you believe that 3/3 women who have accused him of forcing them to perform oral sex on him were all equally unwilling to leave and immediately contact law enforcement? 

That just doesn’t add up to me. 

We're not really gonna have another one of these "I don't believe women if they don't handle it the way I think they ought to" discussions are we?

Good Lord 🙄

• Pie 1
33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We're not really gonna have another one of these "I don't believe women if they don't handle it the way I think they ought to" discussions are we?

Good Lord 🙄

Well, if you don’t want to then that’s your choice. I respect that female victims may not always handle things in the most logically sound manner. It would be very unfair to judge one woman for her handling of a traumatic situation like that. 

But it’s also unfair to Watson to ignore that 3 women have accused him of forced oral sex, and all 3 of them basically had the same response- wait. 

I don’t know what Watson did, I wasn’t there, but I think it’s fair to question these strange coincidences. You don’t find it at all odd that all 3 of 3 women who were forced to perform oral sex, against their will, didn’t feel so traumatized to report it to some authority immediately? Does questioning this fact make me insensitive? I don’t think that this fact alone would absolve Watson of his patterns of questionable behavior. I think it’s fair to try to determine the credibility of the accusations as a whole. 

Edited by Asurfaholic
1 minute ago, Asurfaholic said:

Well, if you don’t want to then that’s your choice. I respect that female victims may not always handle things in the most logically sound manner. It would be very unfair to judge one woman for her handling of a traumatic situation like that. 

But it’s also unfair to Watson to ignore that 3 women have accused him of forced oral sex, and all 3 of them basically had the same response- wait. 

I don’t know what Watson did, I wasn’t there, but I think it’s fair to question these strange coincidences. You don’t find that at all odd that all 3 of 3 women who were forced to perform oral sex, against their will, didn’t feel so traumatized to report it to some authority immediately? Does questioning this fact make me insensitive? I don’t think that this fact alone would absolve Watson of his patterns of questionable behavior. I think it’s fair to try to determine the credibility of the accusations as a whole. 

I'll tell you the same thing I've told others.

If you know someone who's actually been a victim of something like this, you might understand how difficult it is for women, even in cases where the person in question isn't rich or famous.

Attitudes like "well why didn't you do this like I think you should have" are one of the biggest factors that help make it tougher for victims to get justice.

• Pie 1
14 minutes ago, Asurfaholic said:

I don’t know what Watson did, I wasn’t there, but I think it’s fair to question these strange coincidences. You don’t find it at all odd that all 3 of 3 women who were forced to perform oral sex, against their will, didn’t feel so traumatized to report it to some authority immediately? 

No.

There's people with 1/1000th of the influence and power Watson holds and their victims are still scared to speak up.

This is a very common thing amongst sexual assault/abuse victims no matter the gender.

That's why these claims usually come out in droves.

Edited by Rags
  • Pie 2