• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Pitts as a WR/TE Good for Carolina ?

Leotiger

26 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Balls gotta get ther accurate, fast. If not none of those guys look good.

For college his arm was enough. Just like Will Grier had enough arm in college as did Jimmy Clausen. 

If Trask was as elite as you believe he is, what happened during their bowl game? 

I’m confused as to how as a lifelong Gator fan I’m able to take off the rose tinted goggles and evaluate him appropriately and you are acting as if he has the highest upside of any guy in the draft. 

Grimes and Pitts won the majority of their 50/50 balls and Tony was open almost any time he felt like turning it on. It’s the Mac Jones issue. It’s easy to look great when elite talent is there to help carry you. I love Kyle Trask and appreciate everything he did for us at Florida. You are rating him too highly. 

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Apparently Pitts just ran a 4.46. Best prospect at TE since Vernon Davis. Fantastic player, I'd just rather have a corner or OT

Exactly. Pitts just isn't good value for a team with the kind of needs that we have.

That said, I wouldn't really grumble for very long if we did draft him. I'd be annoyed that we wasted a pick on a guy that was a luxury selection when we aren't in a position to make that decision. 

23 hours ago, Wes21 said:

Pitts had 1 catch for 10 yards against Surtain.  And he had 2 catches for 25 yards if you add in zone coverage as a "matchup."  This is not helping your case.

I thought for sure Pitts did more damage than that? I know when Nick Saban places his top CB on a TE thats legit respect. Pitts also got a couple flags too, one was in the end zone and the other was big 40 yard gainer(15 is college). I need to go back, cause I remember Pitts slant boying Surtain. 

I think theres a couple clips too.

7 hours ago, chbright said:

Grimes is a guy that I'm bullish on. Waaay undervalued by a few sites (190+ overall). Boom bust guy, but I get the shades of old man Ted Ginn. Good speed has hops, but production was lacking. Has he ever returned punts at UF? Unlike Ginn, Grimes is a better lob threat and sturdier too. Seen him in the mid to late 6th and I'm all in on that loto ticket that late. He booms you profit, he doesn't meh.

Also, see Trask undervalued as well. Slipping from the 1st to in cases the 3rd now. I know his limitations are elite arm strength and is a statue, but give him 3 really good weapons and a meh to good online, and think he would be a fine qb. Thinking CMC, DJ, RA, are a nice starting group for him. Now sprinkle in Pitts in 1st (or Chase if he fell) with Arnold as another matchup issue, and Trask can spin it to put up big numbers.

Unsure why folks around here don't like Trask more, good mental makeup to push it good in the pocket and can get the ball out and on target.

Would love Pitts at #8 and Trask at #39 .. why not it worked in the sec