• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Pitts as a WR/TE Good for Carolina ?

Leotiger

11 hours ago, Pantha-kun said:

He is not a damn TE. If he can't or wont block hes a WR. Seriously. Especially because we lost Manhertz. 

Kyle Pitts did a great job blocking against Bama. So he absolutely CAN block. He is not a WR. This was what people who don’t watch the Gators kept spouting all year because he wasn’t asked to block as a Sophmore. Then during the game day thread for the Gators vs Bama game everyone who doesn’t watch seemed surprised as to how well he was blocking when he wasn’t running routes. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Pitts had like 750yrds this year iirc.

4300-750=3550 yrds

That's still pretty damn good even without Pitts, much better than most of his peers.

He may not be flashy but he's a much better QB than teh huddle gives credit for. Another one of those QBs people will be wondering about why he wasn't picked by the genius bottom feeder NFL teams.

I like Trask a lot ! So this pains me to say but if Pitts wasn’t out those stats would have been lower by more then 750 yards... I like Trask but Sec teams werr game planning to stop Pitts and they could not .. that’s a super nice thang to have for any qb 

If we want a tall, fast, redzone target that's not going to be an in-line blocker, we can wait until the 3rd/4th round to draft that guy (Strachan or Fehoko).  No need to get Pitts at #8.  Plus, we just signed Dan Arnold... a tall, rezone target that's not a blocking TE.  That signing took Pitts out of the picture for us, IMO.

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

If we want a tall, fast, redzone target that's not going to be an in-line blocker, we can wait until the 3rd/4th round to draft that guy (Strachan or Fehoko).  No need to get Pitts at #8.  Plus, we just signed Dan Arnold... a tall, rezone target that's not a blocking TE.  That signing took Pitts out of the picture for us, IMO.

No third rounder or Arnold has the talent Pitts does. However, I don’t believe he’s even going to be on the board when we pick anyway. 

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

No third rounder or Arnold has the talent Pitts does. However, I don’t believe he’s even going to be on the board when we pick anyway. 

If Pitts were available at #8 and the 4 QBs are gone, I have a feeling he still would not be the pick or the team would trade back.   I don't think Brady values the TE position highly, especially as a top 10 pick.

14 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

If Pitts were available at #8 and the 4 QBs are gone, I have a feeling he still would not be the pick or the team would trade back.   I don't think Brady values the TE position highly, especially as a top 10 pick.

Is an LT available at that spot we believe in? If so, LT is the pick. I don’t trust any corners at this spot. Outside of Slater/Sewell, if QBs 1-4 are gone, I could see Pitts being the pick. I just don’t think he makes it to 8. Brady values offense, period. If he had an elite TE, he would use him. He hasn’t had one to work with but that’s not his fault. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Kyle Pitts did a great job blocking against Bama. So he absolutely CAN block. He is not a WR. This was what people who don’t watch the Gators kept spouting all year because he wasn’t asked to block as a Sophmore. Then during the game day thread for the Gators vs Bama game everyone who doesn’t watch seemed surprised as to how well he was blocking when he wasn’t running routes. 

He did a great job blocking...for a WR.

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

Pains me to say that's likely true. Pitts is damn close to that megatron freak but at TE. He also has production to match eye popping athletic ability.  And yeah Pitts is another few levels above Arnold. I mean I like what Arnold is going to bring as a pass catcher, but even in that regards, Pitts is the better receiver. He's grown on me as our pick if Sewell and the top 4 QBs are gone. I'm hoping atl and miami pass on him.

8 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Brady would definitely use him. We saw the TE still used in NO with Brady. In 2018, the #3 guy in receptions was 38 year old TE Ben Watson. In 17, they had Hill and no one at the position to use. When NO has one they use one, see Cook in 2019 and even 2020. Brady is from the school of Payton so it's not like they never use a TE. Peyton has never had a top TE since Jimmy Graham. And oh he was dominant in 2011-2014. 

Let's be honest, Brady had 3 top WR at LSU: Chase, Jefferson, and Marshal. Maybe all 1st rounders. Hell the RB was also a 1st rounder so yeah  the weekend link at TE didn't get the ball as much. Everyone goes with Moss getting 47 receptions and 570 yards not using the TE. BTW, those are LSU records, and Moss's only season of merit. Give him a top 5 TE, and he's not going to just put him in for only blocking. Think the Arnold signing points to a willingness to go get good receivers at TE.