• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49ers trading up to number 3 with Miami!

joemac

I truly think this was a shock to the Panthers. I really hope Tepper has called the staff in for an immediate meeting. We can not miss out on this QB class or Deshaun Watson. QB must be addressed this year. Bill Voth can say we can always get one next year, but what guarantee is that? Terrible QB draft class anyway and no FA. QB HAS to be addressed this year or we will be the same ol same ol Panthers, which some people on here are fine with.

2 minutes ago, Verge said:

So based on what I was just texted I think it plays out like this

1. Jax: Trevor Lawrence 
2. NYJ: Zach Wilson 
3. SF: Mac Jones 
4. ATL: Justin Fields 

So Lance still likely in the picture for us. Yes, my guy said they did indeed trade up for Mac Jones. 

What does your guy think the Panthers are gonna do? I don't blame him if he doesn't have a clue because I don't think the Panthers do either SMH

2 minutes ago, Verge said:

So Lance still likely in the picture for us. Yes, my guy said they did indeed trade up for Mac Jones. 

oh really? Mac Jones.

Huh. If i remember it, you arent high on him. What about Lance or the second/third rounders. Have you made a longer QB ranking?

Just now, kass said:

oh really? Mac Jones.

Huh. If i remember it, you arent high on him. What about Lance or the second/third rounders. Have you made a longer QB ranking?

I am not high on Mac Jones at all, I think it is a joke what these execs will convince themselves of sometimes. Hey, he definitely fits Kyle Shannahans high tempo offense though, it was built for Mac Jones really. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Verge said:

Lance is still in the picture if someone doesn't trade with Atlanta.

Problem is Atlanta could easily refuse to trade with us, so we are at their mercy to some degree.

Also where are all of these people who said QBs wouldn't go as early and often as some of us predicted?

5 minutes ago, Verge said:

DEAR GAWD....JONES??????

1 minute ago, Verge said:

So the draft starts at Atlanta. Do they take Fields/Lance? If so we would immediately need to jump to Cinci to get our guy, which I believe at this point in the process is Lance. 

You hearing what I am w Atlanta trying to trade back. I was told they want a tackle... not sure if that's true. I live next to Joe Charlton here in Southend so Ima go ask him HAHAHA he really doesn't know much or pay attention to the moves, but he won the job here and is a great guy. And he def told me he thinks we are moving on from Teddy this year which was a little over a month ago.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

You know the fuged up part? These QB's in any other year, are fuging 2nd day guys. It's mind boggling how the game has changed and how imperative it has become to have a Franchise QB. 

Blame the NFL and their utter disdain for the defensive side of the ball. Points, points, points! That's all the common fan can appreciate, so they tilted the field to accommodate.

d6b93b3bc38369074916b8160d3d97cf.gif

1 minute ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

That would be funny! I think its for Fields, mark it down. He is a great fit for their offense.

the analysts on NFL network made a good point. SF must feel good about whoever it is both Jones and Lance have already had their pro day. If it was Fields I would think they would wait until after his pro day to make this move

Just now, panthers320 said:

the analysts on NFL network made a good point. SF must feel good about whoever it is both Jones and Lance have already had their pro day. If it was Fields I would think they would wait until after his pro day to make this move

Thats a great point, didnt even think about that. If its for Jones i am going to have a field day on their board!

• Poo 1