• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To Sign or not to Sign - Bridgewater vs Draft. DRAFT

CPcavedweller

Just now, stbugs said:

It sure is! No other team has ever done that! We sure didn’t get Cam at pick 1!

We tanked because J.R. was more worried about the NFL shield than his own team! 

Show me any time where a top tier franchise tanked their way into excellence. Pittsburgh didn't do it! The Packers didn't do it! The Patriots didn't do it! Let's go down a step! Neither have the 49ers! The Ravens? No! The Seahawks? No! GTFOutta here with that bullsh¡t!

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

He’s been trolling in multiple threads. I’d just ignore him. He’s going on my list. 

You think I give a poo about whether I'm on your list? Put me on your damned list! I am not trolling anyone, you fool! I am supporting a valid opinion. 

I don't want Teddy more than anyone else, I just realize that we may be stuck! I was against his contract, but crying about it all season long is not really productive. That's your shtick!

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

We tanked because J.R. was more worried about the NFL shield than his own team! 

Show me any time where a top tier franchise tanked their way into excellence. Pittsburgh didn't do it! The Packers didn't do it! The Patriots didn't do it! Let's go down a step! Neither have the 49ers! The Ravens? No! The Seahawks? No! GTFOutta here with that bullsh¡t!

Considering the rookie salary cap didn’t start until 2011, those would be only relevant years. Before that, the top picks were too expensive. The Colts with Luck was obvious. Three straight division titles followed. Browns in 2017 and that roster is loaded now. Dolphins already got to 10-6 the first year after. 

Jimmy Johnson Cowboys tanked his first year and won 3 SBs there after

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

GIF by Eric

LOL. 

Honestly, it takes a certain amount of energy to keep arguing with people who try and twist your words every which way, call you a troll, and my favorite was someone telling me they didn't like me (not Varking, but someone else in this thread that I have ignored) all because of disagreements over football. I think it's telling when people resort to personal attacks instead of just staying true to the issue at hand. That being said, the ignore list is very freeing in many respects. More people should try it!

31 minutes ago, thennek said:

We have to believe that the Panthers FO wishes they could do a redo on the QB decisions they made the past 24-months. Most can easily see the mistakes that were made. As a result, there is no clear cut easy decision to fix it. 

On that, we should all be able to agree! 

There will be plenty of QBs to draft at #8. Just pick the best one. He may turn out to be better than the overly hyped guys 

I'd say having so many choices is a good thing, a real GM/coach/scout should be able to pick out a diamond. The bottom feeding teams follow the hype. That's why they always end up picking early and always need a QB after having just drafted one.

Edited by rippadonn

The Panthers should just trade and get their QB. If they like Wilson, make it happen 

don’t settle.   If they like fields, get him 

what bothers me is I feel like they in no way saw the 49ers coming and the 49ers were In Fitterer’s division   The whispers were there 

Yeah, I hear it ‘but we have so many holes’ wringing hands.    ‘Not all Round one picks work’.  More hand wringing 

bullshit.  If you want Wilson, get him. Everything has a price. 

more likely, the Panthers really don’t see anyone they like but they were willing to give up a lot for a beat up Matthew Stafford 

one thing is certain, the clock  ticks on the contracts for the play makers and their contracts...tic tock.

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

LOL. 

Honestly, it takes a certain amount of energy to keep arguing with people who try and twist your words every which way, call you a troll, and my favorite was someone telling me they didn't like me (not Varking, but someone else in this thread that I have ignored) all because of disagreements over football. I think it's telling when people resort to personal attacks instead of just staying true to the issue at hand. That being said, the ignore list is very freeing in many respects. More people should try it!

Welcome to the huddle which you have been a part of for many years anyhow. I've been on and off here for years. I eventually get banned for arguing with someone who gets sand in their vag because I may not share their same exact opinion. I find I have most of my arguments with the tinder box mafia crew mostly but they seem to be able to curse everyone out on here and never catch a ban. It's all funny. Just enjoy the news and then eventually one of the tools ban you and you start over with a different name. This site is good for the news if you can sift through all the drama and ass hats to find it.

Edited by YourLastThought

15 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

The Panthers should just trade and get their QB. If they like Wilson, make it happen 

don’t settle.   If they like fields, get him 

what bothers me is I feel like they in no way saw the 49ers coming and the 49ers were In Fitterer’s division   The whispers were there 

Yeah, I hear it ‘but we have so many holes’ wringing hands.    ‘Not all Round one picks work’.  More hand wringing 

bullshit.  If you want Wilson, get him. Everything has a price. 

more likely, the Panthers really don’t see anyone they like but they were willing to give up a lot for a beat up Matthew Stafford 

one thing is certain, the clock  ticks on the contracts for the play makers and their contracts...tic tock.

It's hard to negotiate ANYTHING when EVERYONE knows you're desperate. The price gets very high.

Tepper and crew really fuggd up. PantherNation isn't happy, but it wasn't about OUR happiness was it?

They banked on CMC being the boxoffice draw. Great guy, but you don't pick a RB to be the face of the franchise. Only about 10 or so teams have a real franchise QB, including the Patriots.

You just can't cast away a franchise QB because you think you can do better. Most teams that have been bottom feeding for decades haven't had a good enough QB in forever and know the pain of not even having a Cam Newton or anybody close to decent.

QB is the toughest position to fill. Panthers fans know that, the newbie ownership and FO, not so much.

2 hours ago, rippadonn said:

It's hard to negotiate ANYTHING when EVERYONE knows you're desperate. The price gets very high.

Tepper and crew really fuggd up. PantherNation isn't happy, but it wasn't about OUR happiness was it?

They banked on CMC being the boxoffice draw. Great guy, but you don't pick a RB to be the face of the franchise. Only about 10 or so teams have a real franchise QB, including the Patriots.

You just can't cast away a franchise QB because you think you can do better. Most teams that have been bottom feeding for decades haven't had a good enough QB in forever and know the pain of not even having a Cam Newton or anybody close to decent.

QB is the toughest position to fill. Panthers fans know that, the newbie ownership and FO, not so much.

Yes, you are right

...the 49ers managed to navigate the situation with a lower draft position and yet Tepper’s GM and $65 million coach couldn’t