• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are we doing in the draft?

They do a mock every morning and I find then entertaining usually. This one they have us trading down with NE to 15 and taking BPA Jaylen Waddle. I don't hate it at all, esp if we somehow get NE to trade us their second and third to move up. Fun to think about. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just my thoughts. I think Sewell would be a slam dunk at 8. If Slater and Waddle are on the board at 8 a decision will have to be made. 

• Pie 5
Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

There is just no chance we pass on slater for a slot wide receiver IMO.  That’s just insanity.   

Waddle is not a "slot receiver" lmao 

• Pie 2
13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There is just no chance we pass on slater for a slot wide receiver IMO.  That’s just insanity.   

Who helps you win more games? Garrett Bolles or Tyreek Hill? 

Doesn’t seem so insane when you think about it like that.

Full disclosure, I’m hoping for the LT also, because I think finding WRs later is easier, but I understand the argument for Waddle. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
26 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Who helps you win more games? Garrett Bolles or Tyreek Hill? 

Doesn’t seem so insane when you think about it like that.

Full disclosure, I’m hoping for the LT also, because I think finding WRs later is easier, but I understand the argument for Waddle. 

How did mahoomes and hill do in the super bowl with a crappy line?   There's your answer.  How did cam play in the super bowl with a crappy line?   There's your answer

• Pie 2
52 minutes ago, Verge said:

Just my thoughts. I think Sewell would be a slam dunk at 8. If Slater and Waddle are on the board at 8 a decision will have to be made. 

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How did mahoomes and hill do in the super bowl with a crappy line?   There's your answer.  How did cam play in the super bowl with a crappy line?   There's your answer

How did the Browns do with Joe Thomas?  

Creating absolute statements off of small sample sizes is pretty weak.

How about this?

What if you think Waddle has a 80% chance of being like Hill, but Slater only has a 60% chance of being like Bolles?

Not only do you have to look at draft picks at their ceiling, and their floor, you also have to factor in the chances of them actually reaching those levels. 

People compare draft picks under best chance scenarios where they all reach their ceilings, which in reality really happen.

3 hours ago, Verge said:

So Verge you think both Pitts and Chase are higher on the panthers board than Sewell?  I knew they were high on Pitts but didn't realize they had Chase ranked over Sewell.  I personally would be happy with any of the 3 or Slater but just prefer Sewell.