• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

we were the only ones who wanted sam darnold lol

7 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

I mean they're taking a risk, but it's for a qb with the youth and traits they were looking for and they didn't even part ways with a first round pick to get it. You can make the argument for trading up for a young qb but the options were probably worse there and the same age QB as Sam. The SF trade forced them into a corner, they decided to take a route that let them keep all their draft picks this year. I don't hate it. 

In a deal like this, you will always overpay

in essence we gave up next yrs 2nd

bet fitts figures out something to get it back

now we get one of the best OL in the draft instead of the 5th best QB

this is a good deal for us

Just now, Scott12345 said:

In a deal like this, you will always overpay

in essence we gave up next yrs 2nd

bet fitts figures out something to get it back

now we get one of the best OL in the draft instead of the 5th best QB

this is a good deal for us

I understand if people have David Carr ptsd though, that looked promising and was a mess

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Also, the Bears cut their best corner and made Andy Dalton tgeir starter, they're not making good decisions currently 

That CB went form 14 million to 9.5 million on the open market. They thought 14 was too much and it was. They needed about 5 million to sign Ifedi too. Not going to defend Dalton as starter thats nearly as bad as trading 3 picks for Sam Darnold.. 

40 minutes ago, RIPTreyLance said:

Actually it's been reported multiple teams were interested at one point when the price was too high and they were asking for a 1st or second. After free agency, after the 49ers trade, and after andy dalton there just wasn't any suitors left besides us. 

Lol we gave them a second and added to it..

• Pie 1

Just now, RIPTreyLance said:

You mean teddy severely under-achieving with a top 5 offense in the league?

Or did you mean Sam Darnold when he played for a team that everyone makes fun of?

I meant their actual performance and registered  production and not whatever weirdo metric you’re using

• Pie 1

Just now, Growl said:

I meant their actual performance and registered  production and not whatever weirdo metric you’re using

Oh okay so you're basically saying you're incapable of complex thinking and haven't put together all the variables. Could of just said so. Gotcha 

• Poo 1

9 minutes ago, Basbear said:

That CB went form 14 million to 9.5 million on the open market. They thought 14 was too much and it was. They needed about 5 million to sign Ifedi too. Not going to defend Dalton as starter thats nearly as bad as trading 3 picks for Sam Darnold.. 

Ifedi isn't a good player though

I get the pessimism, seems a lot like David Carr, but they felt backed into a corner and are taking a gamble. The compensation ain't as bad as yall are making it out to be imo