• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Little = Gone?

ncfan

10 hours ago, BrianS said:

It's pretty clear we don't see him as the answer at LT.  I wouldn't mind seeing him get a preseason shot at playing guard.  While it wouldn't be an ideal outcome for us, if he turns into a serviceable guard at least the pick wasn't a waste.

Shouldn't players you place at the OG position be eager to be physical instead of being eager to NOT be physical?

My only question  in regards to Little is why is he still on the roster?

We have seen who he was and even the new coaches decided to sit him when we were desperate for bodies at his position last year. Healthy scratch in year 3 when desperate for warm bodies? Move him for anything at this point. We resigned Scott so we have a backup in place, go get another player to try and become a starter. Trade this one to WTF for a 7th 3 years from now.

12 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Shouldn't players you place at the OG position be eager to be physical instead of being eager to NOT be physical?

Would you rather just wash out a second round draft pick or perhaps give him an opportunity to earn a roster spot?  We have him.  He's cheap.  If he becomes a starting guard, great.  If not, we can walk away and say we gave him every opportunity to make it here.  There is no down side to giving him a chance.

23 hours ago, musicman said:

good back up LT/LG behind Scott, Erving, Miller, Daley and who ever we draft. But if somebody wanted to trade a 6th or 7th rd pick for him, I would think they would take it. 

Even if he isn't really worth either a 6th or 7th round pick.  There is enough tape on him to show he is a liability.  Never did like the pick and trade.

22 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

I’m not going to lie. Little was a legit LT coming out of Ole Miss. His measurements were great. Arm length of 35”. One of the reasons why I think that I’m not going to knit pick Rashawn Slater so much due to his short arm length.

I know people don't like WalterFootball.com but they did hit it on the nose about Little in their scouting report that year.  That he took plays off and had trouble with speed and physical edge rushers.

• Pie 1

On 4/22/2021 at 11:43 AM, BrianS said:

Would you rather just wash out a second round draft pick or perhaps give him an opportunity to earn a roster spot?  We have him.  He's cheap.  If he becomes a starting guard, great.  If not, we can walk away and say we gave him every opportunity to make it here.  There is no down side to giving him a chance.

OK buddy, you explain that to Big Sam Darnold as he continually gets pile-driven to the ground by the DT coming over Greg Little's OG spot, mmmmK?

Dear Foreskins,

We inherited Greg Little from the renown talent sage, Marty Hurney.  We have no doubt Marty is correct, he really is a diamond in the rough, but unfortunately, we are just too incompetent to develop him to his full potential.  We firmly believe he is not only a diamond, but the Hope diamond. 

We realize our limitations are simply holding him back.  Thus, we reluctantly would like to offer the future superstar to you for the low, low price of a 5th round draft choice.  It is only fair to him that we start of offers to the team we believe can give him the development and opportunity his extraordinary talent richly deserves.  It is what is best for him.

But wait, if you act in the next 15 minutes, we will give you not only Greg Little, but also include the emerging star QB, Will Grier.  Just pay a separate fee.  We believe your development process will benefit him, as well.

We are humbled, and acknowledge that no one can see talent like Marty Hurney.  Unfortunately, we do not deserve these talents as we are unable to nurture them.

Sincerely,

The Panthers

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1