• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Little = Gone?

ncfan

I just cant wrap my head around it... just a couple of years ago..

Greg Little: In 311 snaps AT LT IN THE SEC allowed only 4 pressures. Had a pass blocking efficiency rating of 97.7 and in his college career has only 32 hurries out of 2,179 snaps. 

He gets to the Combine and drastically underperforms. 

Enters the NFL and looks like a worse version of Byron Bell. I think they've tried him at guard also.... and he looked as equally bad. 

Maybe it clicks in Year 3 ... results so far aren't looking promising. And to think we traded up for this guy. THIS GUY would have been our first round pick if Burns wasn't selected. Disappointment. 

3 hours ago, woahfraze said:

On the roster or not, he's shown nothing that would prevent us from bringing in additional offensive linemen regardless of position.

Basically this... Greg Little has been bad.  Very bad.  Plus the concussion/injury history and it’s not looking great.  We’re already thin on the OL and counting on Little to improve and actually be good is wishful thinking.  

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Greg Little: In 311 snaps AT LT IN THE SEC allowed only 4 pressures. Had a pass blocking efficiency rating of 97.7 and in his college career has only 32 hurries out of 2,179 snaps. 

Enters the NFL and looks like a worse version of Byron Bell. I think they've tried him at guard also.... and he looked as equally bad. 

Maybe it clicks in Year 3 ... results so far aren't looking promising. And to think we traded up for this guy. THIS GUY would have been our first round pick if Burns wasn't selected. Disappointment. 

Because he never graded out as an NFL LT. Most guys during the draft had him shifting inside and his stock was falling leading up to draft day.

Marty Marty'd and drafted him too high based on *waves hand around* Marty magic, we kept him at LT, and he's turned out frankly worse than expected.

2 minutes ago, Panthero said:

I rememeber watching the bills war room during that draft. They were all worried that when carolina jumped them it was to take cody ford. 

You could tell they were amused when hurney took little instead. 

Hurney magic, baby!  I don’t know why he wasn’t banned from the war room during the second round.  I’ve never seen someone whiff on so many second rounders 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We don't have any cap liabilities on any of those other virtually limitless camp bodies. We do on Grier and Little. Their bonus money is hitting our cap one way or the other so unless they're just locker room cancers they're the better camp bodies.

Fair enough....although I would make the case that a roster spot is more valuable than the relatively minor dead cap hit from their release.  I keep hearing the sentiment that it's refreshing to have a coaching staff who doesn't hesitate to cut dead weight and makes an effort to field the best roster top to bottom, etc., which seems to clash with the justification of holding onto Little and Grier (potentially the two biggest wastes of roster space) simply because of a little dead cap.  But I suppose I can see a case for both sides.

1 minute ago, Panthero said:

Dude, imagine having beane instead of hurney the last few years. That upsets me more than anything else. Guy is a natural and was the heir apparent here. 😞

Beane has been a godsend for Bills, and McDermott has been great as well.  We’re literally a fodder team for Buffalo, Washington Football Team, and the Giants.  The fact that we had both McD and Beane on staff and let them go is painful.  McDermott seems like a better version of Ron. 

5 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Oh that’s right.  Thank god for Burns falling.