• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers pre draft press conference

Mr. Scot

19 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:
Panthers general manager Scott Fitterer says there is a quarterback in the draft that they are excited about but didn't name that QB.

Somebody's going to make a bigger deal of that than they should.

He added context later to say they like more than one quarterback in the top five, as well as several players at other positions.

13 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Dave Matthews, rhule? Fire this dude asap 

I went to two of his concerts with the love of my life and had such a good time.  I don’t care much about his music, but everyone was so chill and it was really fun.  Also got hammered, so yeah.  Good times.  

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Agreed with that.  A studly top-15ish.  Then a very large second tier that goes to almost round 3 quantity wise/top-60.  Then a big tier drop.

I could see a R2 or R3 trade up.  I know they want to gain picks but it's a good draft to capitalize in the 2nd/3rd.

• Beer 1

55 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Person makes me cringe with his "Talk about how....." "questions" .  He just wants quotes and doesn't care to ask thoughtful questions.

That seems to be the American way when it comes to journalism. 

It's rampant that side of the pond. It's always annoyed me (I have a Journalism degree).

• Pie 1

Applicable to interest in Rashawn Slater:

Around the 29 minute mark:

Press: John Schneider (Seattle GM) was open about Seattle's preference for Cornerbacks with 32" arms. Is that a philosophy you'll bring here, and similarly, will you have a philosophy on arm length for offensive tackles

SF: As far as Corners, we change to what our coaches want, what they expect, we're not going to play with the exact type of corner we played with in Seattle, we look for different traits here. We adjust as a personnel staff to that. Obviously length is important, it does show up on tape, it's important for offensive linemen as well. It is a factor that we look at.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Applicable to interest in Rashawn Slater:

Around the 29 minute mark:

Press: John Schneider (Seattle GM) was open about Seattle's preference for Cornerbacks with 32" arms. Is that a philosophy you'll bring here, and similarly, will you have a philosophy on arm length for offensive tackles

SF: As far as Corners, we change to what our coaches want, what they expect, we're not going to play with the exact type of corner we played with in Seattle, we look for different traits here. We adjust as a personnel staff to that. Obviously length is important, it does show up on tape, it's important for offensive linemen as well. It is a factor that we look at.

6ff55f0a-b453-4756-8ea7-0ce2bba86d5a.d7c4cfbdcb9894aa9305bd1651a9ce07.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff

• Beer 1