• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Sam Darnold a 1-Year Rental?

SizzleBuzz

its possible...

or a one year try out.

lets say we take a QB at 8....    if Darnold proves to be a stud or even serviceable, ...     for a 1st and a 2nd, to have two Qbs that are good.. and we get to pick between the two....... dude that's a problem I'm willing to have!!!  

At the end of the day, Darnold may be a "place holder" and also a "buy low and sell high"

how much could we get for Darnold a year from now with his option picked up AFTER a career season? 

id say more than what we paid..  aka a fuging genius move

Fitterstein..  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

6 hours ago, t96 said:

Probably but I’m not 100% sure about that... That’s a lot of cap to be taken up by what is likely to be a backup QB if we draft Fields. I think the point is moot though since Fields likely isn’t dropping to 8.

I'm just a tad surprised that so many people think that Fields would be a lock to win the job over Darnold. I don't think that's true, especially considering that Darnold has a few years as a pro. Moreover, I've heard more than a few evaluators say that if Darnold was included in this year's draft, he'd be the number 2 rated QB for sure (and we've all seen how some have even ranked him above Lawrence).  

Darnold has his issues for sure, but he's had terrible, disjointed and misguided coaching. Look for Brady and Rhule to fix that.

I suppose the decision to wait on the 5th year options gives us the flexibility to wait and see. Perhaps a guy like Fields falls and then we decide not to pick up that option?

If that is the case however, the trade makes less sense. I am not sure we are gonna know what "the plan" is until it has already transpired.

36 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Interesting, thanks.

625 votes in a poll and 55% are in the wait or undecided camps as it goes to picking up the 5th year.

image.thumb.png.cbd9d12ba22a759f6bb021422576a0e5.png

I’m for picking it up after the draft if we don’t get a top QB (which I don’t think we will). If one is sitting there at 8 we will see exactly how confident they are in Darnold.

• Beer 1