• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris “Troll” Simms- First round mock

CRA

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think Mac Jones is the only QB in this draft who fits Kyle's preferred type.    Now, did he spend all that draft capitol to go get Mac Jones?   No point doing a smokescreen IMO.   He can just name the player.  No one to fool. 

I think there has been a concerted effort to knock Fields from 1b to as far down as possible while simultaneously pumping up every other QB over him.  And nothing on the football field backs that IMO. 

My point is, why didn't the DUI knock Mac Jones? It's being totally ignored. It would absolutely crush anyone else, but he rose from no where when he really didn't have to. Based on your answers, it really doesn't matter. Even after I gave you a comparison to Dak Prescott, who just signed a franchise contract this off season. Let's see if he falls to the 4th round. I guess going to Alabama and being coached by the Supreme Overloard Coach, Slick Saban, DUI's don't hurt you at all when it comes to the NFL draft. But, who am I?

5 minutes ago, @bonafidebanter said:

My point is, why didn't the DUI knock Mac Jones? It's being totally ignored. It would absolutely crush anyone else, but he rose from no where when he really didn't have to. Based on your answers, it really doesn't matter. Even after I gave you a comparison to Dak Prescott, who just signed a franchise contract this off season. Let's see if he falls to the 4th round. I guess going to Alabama and being coached by the Supreme Overloard Coach, Slick Saban, DUI's don't hurt you at all when it comes to the NFL draft. But, who am I?

Dak should not be your comparison there.  The two are nothing alike.

Dak didn't even lead the SEC in passing his last year in college.  In fact, a much closer comparison for Dak was The Golden Calf of Bristol . . . and no one wanted another one of those.  Dak was a less accomplished version of The Golden Calf of Bristol in the end.

I think Dak was hurt far more by where he went to school.  As a Miss State fan, I hurts to say it, but the school isn't exactly known for turning out NFL talent.  Sure, they have a few here and there, but nothing like Florida or Alabama. 

22 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Dak should not be your comparison there.  The two are nothing alike.

Dak didn't even lead the SEC in passing his last year in college.  In fact, a much closer comparison for Dak was The Golden Calf of Bristol . . . and no one wanted another one of those.  Dak was a less accomplished version of The Golden Calf of Bristol in the end.

I think Dak was hurt far more by where he went to school.  As a Miss State fan, I hurts to say it, but the school isn't exactly known for turning out NFL talent.  Sure, they have a few here and there, but nothing like Florida or Alabama. 

Missed the point too. The comparison was the DUI. It knocked Dak, but it's being ignored for Mac. Dak wasn't projected in the 4th round until the DUI surfaced or NFL clubs got info on it. It's been brushed under the rug with Mac. I wonder if anyone on this board mentioned it before today. Not talking about talent here, just the fact that one got burned for a DUI while another is actually rising with same DUI. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, @bonafidebanter said:

What's puzzling to me is how in the world did Mac Jones actually rise from no where to #3 in the draft with a DUI? Amazing.

Yea if he goes number 3 I’ll admit to not knowing anything about football and be such a casual fan that posting in a message board would be too extreme. Only people who believe he has gone from 20 to 3 with that ridiculous trade are the brainless read it once posters and idiot mock drafters, who most haven’t even fallen for that bait. If anything, they are hoping the Jets don’t do the right thing and pick Fields #2. 

Edited by Peppers90 NC

7 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Yea if he goes number 3 I’ll admit to not knowing anything about football and be such a casual fan that posting in a message board would be too extreme. Only people who believe he has gone from 20 to 3 with that ridiculous trade are the idiot mock drafters, who most haven’t even fallen for that bait. If anything, they are hoping the Jets don’t do the right thing and pick Fields #2. 

Let's see if the DUI actually hurts Mac Jones. My only point. He's getting help from the media and pundits totally ignoring the fact that he got one, so it probably won't. 

20 minutes ago, @bonafidebanter said:

Missed the point too. The comparison was the DUI. It knocked Dak, but it's being ignored for Mac. Dak wasn't projected in the 4th round until the DUI surfaced or NFL clubs got info on it. It's been brushed under the rug with Mac. I wonder if anyone on this board mentioned it before today. Not talking about talent here, just the fact that one got burned for a DUI while another is actually rising with same DUI. 

I don't think you remember the draft correctly.

For example, this profile shows Prescott as a 6th round grade.  The article was written BEFORE the DUI.

In this profile, he's listed as a third round prospect, AFTER the DUI happened.

DUI aside, he was viewed as wildly inconsistent by most draft scouts.  This is not something you're looking for in a prospect.  I've seen draft projections for him from the second round to the sixth.  He fell right in the middle.  In fact, he fell right in the middle of the 15 QB's drafted that year.

Dak's college production and game tape put him in the middle rounds of the draft, and that's where he went.  Mac Jones college production SERIOUSLY overshadowed Dak's.  I mean, I am not a Jones fan, but let's face it . . . the guy lost two games in his CAREER.

• Beer 1

48 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

He is not trolling, he really believes this. He’s has compared Fields with Trubisky in terms of processing reads 

I don't buy that he believes he will be drafted #32. 

Field's physicals tools with Trubisky's brain doesn't = 32nd pick in a QB starved league.  

It's total clickbait.  It's literally Simms' job right now.  To get the internet folks talking.  

4 hours ago, NAS said:

This may be the worst mock I've ever seen

I saw one that had Penei Sewell dropping to us, but we traded the pick to the Chargers so they could take Sewell. We took Rashawn Slater in their spot.

That one was sh-t.

Looking at this one though, you could definitely make an argument that it's worse. I mean, at least in the other one we got Slater.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I think Mac Jones is the only QB in this draft who fits Kyle's preferred type.    Now, did he spend all that draft capitol to go get Mac Jones?   No point doing a smokescreen IMO.   He can just name the player.  No one to fool. 

I think there has been a concerted effort to knock Fields from 1b to as far down as possible while simultaneously pumping up every other QB over him.  And nothing on the football field backs that IMO. 

I have to admit that's one thing I question.

You have the third pick and pretty much everybody knows who's going one and two.

What the hell is the point of smokescreening from that position?

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I have to admit that's one thing I question.

You have the third pick and pretty much everybody knows who's going one and two.

What the hell is the point of smokescreening from that position?

Well, I guess you could say the Jets haven't been the best at evaluating QB's.  So, from the 49er's perspective, do you really want to name your guy and have the Jets snag him?  It would be just about the most Jets thing that could happen.

Is it actually 4D chess?  The 49ers smokescreening people away from Mac Jones to make someone else take him?  I dunno, it's the lying season for sure.  I can't fathom Mac Jones at 3.  But I couldn't fathom Trubisky at 2 either.