• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy B to the Broncos for a 6th!

joemac

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I am guessing we move back in the draft at some point (probably round 1) and get the other 2 picks (2022) covered. 

Man, I need to crank out another mock now we another pick! A second selection at corner or picking a third O-lineman. 🙂

1 hour ago, joemac said:

Cool story bro

Best part of the next season is dumb fugs like you can't go "NOOOO HURNEEYYYY WHYYYYY" for every loss the Panthers have. You'll have to either find another scapegoat (most likely because you're fuging stupid, and have a hard time thinking for yourself) or actually have an informed opinion.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

18 minutes ago, SmartyHurney4 said:

Best part of the next season is dumb fugs like you can't go "NOOOO HURNEEYYYY WHYYYYY" for every loss the Panthers have. You'll have to either find another scapegoat (most likely because you're fuging stupid, and have a hard time thinking for yourself) or actually have an informed opinion.

LOL

My optimistic trade back plan...

Panthers get: Stephon Gilmore / #46 / 2022 2nd rounder

Patriots get: #8 (QB)

then....

Panthers get: #41 / #72

Lions get: Stephon Gilmore / #113 / #222

Panthers would be trading #8, a 4th, and a 6th for #15, two 2nds, a 3rd, and a 2022 2nd.

Now someone tell me we can possibly manipulate the Lions and Patriots like that instead of them making the deal themselves. Ha

I wasn't reading 22 pages to see if this had been mentioned, but this is a HIGH 6th rounder for Teddy.  We lost a comp pick 6th for Darnold.  This is essentially like a comp 5th rounder as only 6 teams pick ahead of us at the top of the round compared to next to last in the comp section of the round.  It's a difference of like 35 selections, which is equivalent to an entire round.

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Two weeks ago the Huddle said Teddy’s contract was untradeable. We got something for Teddy, this is a win. 

FIFY.  I wasn't one of them, by the way, and I have the receipts to prove it.  While Teddy failed our expectations, he is a legit backup.  Chances were if we let him go for peanuts, someone would bite.  Denver was the likely choice and they made it happen.

8 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Two weeks ago Albert Breer said Teddy’s contract was untradeable. We got something for Teddy, this is a win. 

It was great we got a return, but Breer was right to a degree. We had to eat most of the contract for this to work.

19 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

FIFY.  I wasn't one of them, by the way, and I have the receipts to prove it.  While Teddy failed our expectations, he is a legit backup.  Chances were if we let him go for peanuts, someone would bite.  Denver was the likely choice and they made it happen.

His contract WAS untradeable - Teddy had to restructure/adjust compensation by cancelling the 3rd year and Carolina still had to eat money to make it happen.

4 minutes ago, KSpan said:

His contract WAS untradeable - Teddy had to restructure/adjust compensation by cancelling the 3rd year and Carolina still had to eat money to make it happen.

Guess what?  A re-work was always an option and had been discussed in that thread several times, but people just thought Teddy sucked too bad to be traded.  It wasn't the contract, but their personal bias about Teddy that they thought made him untradedable.  Contracts are not set in stone.

Point being, Teddy is gone and the contract wasn't a major obstacle.