• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select CB Jaycee Horn

Zod

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

You got to be able to a score with those teams too though.  

We had Bradberry.  And he held it down vs those guys as good as anyone could.   

I think the focus should be on the QB and the lines.  Not the DBs and WRs. 

True but it won’t matter much if you can’t stop anyone. And though Rhule is known as an offensive guy, he values good defensive play. And our defense requires the physical Mano y Mano type to be successful.

11 minutes ago, mccjeff said:

It's a passing league so that means it's also a stop the pass league. If he is a shut down corner than it was a good pick. We won't know that for at least a week but more realistically until mid season. I like the pick.

I think the argument is that when given the opportunity...you work on the first part first.  The it’s a passing league part.  

If Fields works out vs if Horn works out....Fields is the better and more important/impactful  puzzle piece.  

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, the goal is to build a winning team.   QB is most important piece to that goal.  

Rhule was forced into a position where he simply had to replace a Teddy caliber QB with the same.  He did that.  

I supported kicking the tires on Sam.  But that is all we are doing.  It likely goes how that generally goes.  

We get it. We shudda taken a QB. Let's take the 3rd or 4th best QB instead of the best rated CB. Talent wins. We just took a great talent.

• Pie 1

Opponents had a 71% completion rate outside the numbers in 2020.  Last in the league.  They got off the field 31st in the league, allowing opponents and average of over 13 possessions per game, to their own 11 possessions per game. '

Yeah.  We needed a CB1 MORE than a T.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

the first time Horn picks off Fields, I'll lol my damn face off.

If Fields succeeds. We get to hear "I told you so". If he fails, we get to hear "Chicago is where QBs go to die. He deserved better".

The "I want a QB crowd" will never let this go.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

We get it. We shudda taken a QB. Let's take the 3rd or 4th best QB instead of the best rated CB. Talent wins. We just took a great talent.

Word was Fields was their 2nd rated QB in this draft.  MoveTheSticks said it during the draft.   Behind only the generational talent named Trevor. 

I don’t think it is outlandish to talk about how the Panthers are consistently botching the QB spot....which matters.  

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Word was Fields was their 2nd rated QB in this draft.  MoveTheSticks said it during the draft.   Behind only the generational talent named Trevor. 

I don’t think it is outlandish to talk about how the Panthers are consistently botching the QB spot....which matters.  

If true that tells you their grade on Darnold

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

Not sure what the context was, but I'd say the circumstances would tell you they didn't have him rated above Darnold.

Throw in that Bill Voth said he never got a sense that the Panthers braintrust was "gaga" about Fields.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Plenty of folks all over tv today claimed that if Fields drops, it is because of his release motion. It is more than twice as long as Trevor and Wilson. So he was not the overwhelming talent you claim.

You don't want anything but QB, how did that work out for you? We got an A+ talent. And it isn't good enough for way too many Huddlers.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not sure what the context was, but I'd say the circumstances would tell you they didn't have him rated above Darnold.

Throw in that Bill Voth said he never got a sense that the Panthers braintrust was "gaga" about Fields.

Context was MoveTheSticks said Carolina was debating between two players as the Panthers were on the clock.  Fields and Horn.  And they had Fields as their 2nd rated QB in this draft.