• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select CB Jaycee Horn

Zod

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

So...you use " MoveTheSticks", but I can't use 15 guys arguing the draft that were iffy on Fields? Ok then.

Once Fields throwing motion made the rounds folks started souring on him.

I'm done. You're mad at the QB room. I ain't wasting any more time on this. So sorry we didn't make you happy by taking the 3rd or 4th best QB. 

MoveTheSticks isn’t a vague reference.  It’s specific.  I named him.  He is a NFL scout.  With real scouting connections on teams.  He said the Panthers had Fields as the #2 QB in this draft. 

Who you got saying the Panthers had him as the 4th best QB.  

1 minute ago, CRA said:

and his release motion allowed him to be the overall most accurate QB in this draft who rarely turned it over.....

think the Bears learned a lesson after overthinking the obvious when it comes to QBs.   Fields is the Watson of this draft.   

And Tim Tebows release motion allowed him a 64%+ completion and barely turned it over either with two titles to go with it. Means nothing at the NFL level other than more time for the DB to get there.

Luckily for Fields he is smarter than The Golden Calf of Bristol and clearly has been working on it but he isn't DW.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

Context was MoveTheSticks said Carolina was debating between two players as the Panthers were on the clock.  Fields and Horn.  And they had Fields as their 2nd rated QB in this draft. 

Obviously Brady thinks he can get more out of Darnald than NYJ did because Fitters is known for drafting multiple QBs. 

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Literally zero chance that's true.

Or there's a Grand Canyon sized gap between their evaluation of Lawrence and Fields. You don't pass up a CB, no matter how good he is, if you think there's a franchise QB at your pick. 

Well the former NFL scout.  With a legit rep.   With legit NFL scouting connections.... said it was true.    

I’m sure Rhule will be asked bluntly about it at some point too.  

3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

So he's going to harass 22 masueses?

No, just the clear cut talent and winner people comically over scrutinized while doing the opposite to everyone else in the picture.   I mean the Watson comparison of what was going on was made before Watson’s scandal broke too.  It’s not some draft day creation. 

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

and his release motion allowed him to be the overall most accurate QB in this draft who rarely turned it over.....

think the Bears learned a lesson after overthinking the obvious when it comes to QBs.   Fields is the Watson of this draft.   

Pleas quit quoting me. I am done with this silly take of yours. Fields dropped for a reason.

Fields went somewhere else. Deal with it.

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

Pleas quit quoting me. I am done with this silly take of yours. Fields dropped for a reason.

Fields went somewhere else. Deal with it.

Players drop all the time.  Long list of guys in the first round too where that was proven  to be a massive mistake by teams letting them drop. 

don’t reply if you don’t want to be quoted.  Internet ain’t that hard boss. 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Yeah, we got a top talent. Yet that is not enough for some of these...folks

I just struggle being happy with a guy who got destroyed by DeVonta Smith. While Smith and Fields were still there. Yeah if we were picking 10 to 16 great choice but at 8 its a reach this year.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

I just struggle being happy with a guy who got destroyed by DeVonta Smith. While Smith and Fields were still there. Yeah if we were picking 10 to 16 great choice but at 8 its a reach this year.

So...Horn started what? 30 games. And had 1 bad game against the Heisman Trophy  winner. 

It is a passing league. Hence, it is a defend the pass league. We just got a guy who excels at defending the pass.

We had 1 1st round pick. Does it matter where we picked, as long as we got a top talent? 

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

So...Horn started what? 30 games. And had 1 bad game against the Heisman Trophy  winner. 

It is a passing league. Hence, it is a defend the pass league. We just got a guy who excels at defending the pass.

We had 1 1st round pick. Does it matter where we picked, as long as we got a top talent? 

Exactly, why focus on passing the ball and scoring points.

We all know the real way to win is to limit points.

24 minutes ago, CRA said:

MoveTheSticks isn’t a vague reference.  It’s specific.  I named him.  He is a NFL scout.  With real scouting connections on teams.  He said the Panthers had Fields as the #2 QB in this draft. 

Who you got saying the Panthers had him as the 4th best QB.  

For the record, NFL teams don't release their Draft boards... ever.

I watched a Ravens 'behind-the-scenes' video with their GM today and they were still blurring out laptop screens with their 2020 Draft boards on a year later.

So I seriously doubt someone has told this person that Fields was QB #2 for them.