Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Tepper wanted Fields. Let his guys make the football decisions


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Waldo said:

QBs win games and CBs help make good Ds. It's the right call by Tepper but it's also time to put this staff on the clock. Start winning or get better people.

LOL! What a dumb, impatient take! It’s their first year together. 

  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zod said:

They overachieved early last season and looked pretty darn good with little talent. 

Now inject CMC, a marginally better QB maybe, and a much improved defense. This could be a winning season. That isn't far fetched. 

I don't see any urgency to win. Last year Hurney got the blame, this year I don't have much rope. It wasn't the D that failed as the year went on. Feels like a repeat at this point. They need to really do well the next 3 picks.

  • Pie 3
  • Poo 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

LOL! What a dumb, impatient take! It’s their first year together. 

Lol. I don't care. I'm not their boss. If they ignore massive larger needs then that's on them. Fact is we haven't done much winning yet under Tepper and Fritters is Rhules GM, doesn't matter how long he has been here, he gets filed under Rhule.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I don't see any urgency to win. Last year Hurney got the blame, this year I don't have much rope. It wasn't the D that failed as the year went on. Feels like a repeat at this point. They need to really do well the next 3 picks.

Hurney and Tepper’s urgency to win is what got us into this mess after year 1.

When Rhule took over everyone and their dog knew the first 2 years were going to be building years.

Yesterday’s pick of Horn was a fantastic sign that Rhule is finally being allowed to build his way. This is sadly kind of year 1 almost. 

  • Pie 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Zod said:

Tepper wanted Justin Fields for business reasons. Instant injection of excitement and jersey sales. Ticket and concession sales galore. Tepper.is a money guy, and Fields is where the money was. 

Apparently, football reasons trump money reasons in this franchise. Having a true shutdown corner won't sell many jerseys or beers initially, but in the long run may contribute to a winning franchise.  

 

Sources? Or you’re just speculating?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Hurney and Tepper’s urgency to win is what got us into this mess after year 1.

When Rhule took over everyone and their dog knew the first 2 years were going to be building years.

Yesterday’s pick of Horn was a fantastic sign that Rhule is finally being allowed to build his way. This is sadly kind of year 1 almost. 

I don't know that I can blame the urgency on Tepper. You definitely get mixed signals. I honestly think Rhule has more of a "win now" mentality than maybe Tepper does. 

 

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think it was the wrong decision to take Horns over Fields(or Slater). Very glad Tepper didn't meddle. VERY glad.

Now I can understand anyone who is upset that we didn’t take Fields if Fields was their guy. That I can get.

I’m not even going to lie, Horn was my guy and he is who I wanted but when Fields was (to my surprise) still on the board at 8... even I wanted to take a shot. And I love Horn.

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...