• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Night 2 Draft Grade

kungfoodude

Day Two Picks  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Your grade

• A+
    • A
    • A-
    • B+
    • B
    • B-
    • C+
    • C
    • C-
    • D+
    • D
    • D-
    • F

You have to take into consideration the picks we gained etc. 

Darnold (after the Teddy trade and today's dealings) now only has cost us a second round pick in 2022. 

The additional picks have put us in position to move back up if we want to.  I expect a S and a G tomorrow

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

You have to take into consideration the picks we gained etc. 

Darnold (after the Teddy trade and today's dealings) now only has cost us a second round pick in 2022. 

The additional picks have put us in position to move back up if we want to.  I expect a S and a G tomorrow

I don't think I would take into account moves we "might" make. Just grade the picks we made. I will do this tomorrow and then have an "overall" grade. The overall would be a better spot to try and grade the Day 3 moves. 

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think I would take into account moves we "might" make. Just grade the picks we made. I will do this tomorrow and then have an "overall" grade. The overall would be a better spot to try and grade the Day 3 moves. 

OK, I get it.  But in my mind, I think "We got Marshall at #59 (or whatever) and 2 picks.... Very excited about Marshall.  He took over the "slot" WR at LSU when Jefferson left and has done well.  Could be a huge addition.

But just personnel--I do not think people realize what Tremble is going to do on special teams, pass protection, and the run game.  I am excited about him, and my first reaction was "crap."

Gotta go to bed--watching 4 rounds tomorrow.

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

But just personnel--I do not think people realize what Tremble is going to do on special teams, pass protection, and the run game.  I am excited about him, and my first reaction was "crap."

I just don't get it. Unless Brady secretly plans to have him run 4.5 yrd routes every passing play to get around the downfield blocker rule. That's the only way the value makes sense. Maybe I'm just not giving enough credit to special teams effect on games. 

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

OK, I get it.  But in my mind, I think "We got Marshall at #59 (or whatever) and 2 picks.... Very excited about Marshall.  He took over the "slot" WR at LSU when Jefferson left and has done well.  Could be a huge addition.

I am not really enthusiastic about any of the picks. I like Marshall the best. The BYU OT definitely can give us a potential upgrade at OG, or at least improve our two deep. The TE, I don't see much there other than a special teams/role player. But, we really didn't have an NFL capable TE on the roster, so it fills a hole in the roster. 

Definitely seems like our plan is to mainly upgrade our backup/special teams personnel rather than get starters. I guess our front office really, really, really didn't like this draft class. It will be interesting to see if they are right about that take in a few years. 

1 minute ago, Stumpy said:

I just don't get it. Unless Brady secretly plans to have him run 4.5 yrd routes every passing play to get around the downfield blocker rule. That's the only way the value makes sense. Maybe I'm just not giving enough credit to special teams effect on games. 

We literally don't have an NFL caliber TE. That is definitely a "need" based move to just attempt to plug a roster hole. He offers theoretical upside but so did Ian Thomas. I don't think he will be any better than Thomas was. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

We literally don't have an NFL caliber TE. That is definitely a "need" based move to just attempt to plug a roster hole. He offers theoretical upside but so did Ian Thomas. I don't think he will be any better than Thomas was. 

That's why I said value. I agree a TE was a need. But, if we are acknowledging that there are no NFL caliber pass catching TEs left, or we don't need one for our offense, then I don't know why we didn't wait until tomorrow to take a blocking TE.

IDK. I'm not as plugged in on college football or scouting as many on here. Maybe he really does have untapped potential in the passing game. Maybe Brady has something up his sleeve. Or maybe we're finally embracing the rebuild and starting from the ground up? 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Stumpy said:

That's why I said value. I agree a TE was a need. But, if we are acknowledging that there are no NFL caliber pass catching TEs left, or we don't need one for our offense, then I don't know why we didn't wait until tomorrow to take a blocking TE.

IDK. I'm not as plugged in on college football or scouting as many on here. Maybe he really does have untapped potential in the passing game. Maybe Brady has something up his sleeve. Or maybe we're finally embracing the rebuild and starting from the ground up? 

I am always skeptical of the "untapped" potential guys. Were they untapped or does that potential just not exist?

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Tremble is going to be CMC’s best friend. He is going to be colliding with linebackers helping CMC have better holes more often. He is also pretty fast. I think we can throw him the ball more that ND did. We added players where we had weaknesses LT, Slot WE, and TE. Our offense should be pretty complete. Maybe G, backup RB, backup QB could be addressed, but all we really need is BPA at this point. If that BYU LT can become a decent starting LT in the league we had a great draft so far.

• Pie 3