• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule on Sam Darnold and the QB Situation

methodtoll

1 hour ago, NorthTryon said:

How was Rhule saying that he was excited to coach Cam with no intention of coaching Cam honestly on Cam?

Bc Cam wanted a contract extension and attempted to strong arm us for an extension, but it ended up leading to his departure instead. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:
2 hours ago, NAS said:

I agree with this.  Darnold will be playing in a much better system, one in which Teddy passed for more than 3,500 yards.  Justin Fields went where QBs go to die.  

Bears did manage to go to playoffs last season with a warm body at QB. Given the way the team is built and it's strengths it is a great place for a young QB.   

Now can the Bears groom and help Fields actually grow? Who knows.   

Since 2010 in the regular season the Panthers have won 83 games and the Bears have won 84.

Edited by SizzleBuzz

18 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Bc Cam wanted a contract extension and attempted to strong arm us for an extension, but it ended up leading to his departure instead. 

Debunked, this was and will always be hearsay that cannot be proven.

15 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

He had every intention of coaching Newton. After that IG post though he was done.

The one after he spoke up about the nonsense of them allowing him to seek trade? Not on Cam, as he was reacting to being on the way out. And if not that one which?   

This thread was about Rhule and Darnold and many people still don't know what to expect as he changes up on a lot of the shite he says. It started with Cam and has included a few other players. It is in the past now, but like many other fans I am just going to watch this old lady(Darnold) drive this Ferrarri(Panthers' O) and hope Rhule is more consistent about some of the big comments he makes about players on the roster in the future. 

4 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

The one after he spoke up about the nonsense of them allowing him to seek trade? Not on Cam, as he was reacting to being on the way out. And if not that one which?   

This thread was about Rhule and Darnold and many people still don't know what to expect as he changes up on a lot of the shite he says. It started with Cam and has included a few other players. It is in the past now, but like many other fans I am just going to watch this old lady(Darnold) drive this Ferrarri(Panthers' O) and hope Rhule is more consistent about some of the big comments he makes about players on the roster in the future. 

No, the one where Rhule was sat in a hotel at the Combine and a Comms staffer showed him Newton's 'respect' IG post.

Rhule has a pretty good poker face, but you could see he was done with Newton at that point. 

8 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Debunked, this was and will always be hearsay that cannot be proven.

Not at all. In fact it was pretty much confirmed.

I don't know if "strongarm" is the right word, but Newton absolutely wanted an extension and the Panthers weren't going to give it to him. And yeah, the "can't I get a little commitment" post did help hasten his exit.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

You have the option for about five minutes, then it goes away.

(that's not a real popular feature here)

I don't see it.    All I see is the ... where it gives only two choices to Share or Report.

Where would you usually see the Edit button?

• Poo 1

3 hours ago, OldhamA said:

No, the one where Rhule was sat in a hotel at the Combine and a Comms staffer showed him Newton's 'respect' IG post.

Rhule has a pretty good poker face, but you could see he was done with Newton at that point. 

Okay. That makes sense. It still is opinion, but I can see a coach being mad over this and taking it personal.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not at all. In fact it was pretty much confirmed.

I don't know if "strongarm" is the right word, but Newton absolutely wanted an extension and the Panthers weren't going to give it to him. And yeah, the "can't I get a little commitment" post did help hasten his exit.

That is all hearsay dude. Half the huddle was saying that was biblical truth and the other half said it was nonsense.  Some one posted that Cam wanted a five year extension over a two year one. It was never said by any reputable news outlet that it was true at all. I believe they were angry after his posts, but it really came down to not knowing about his shoulder. But that's my opinion. Y'all take this stuff as concrete evidence and run with it like Facebook Panther fans. 

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

this coulndt be anymore wrong.... You obviously didnt keep up with Cam's instagram stories during this tirade.

Wanting respect from an organization and some commitment should never be considered a tirade. Also pulling personal opinions and conclusions about behind closed door deals is something I wished we could get past on the Huddle.

• Pie 1

You folks are going to think Sam is really boring.  He’s never going to say anything about his coaches, his teammates or criticize the fan base. 

No sulking or claims of disrespect.  He’s much like Carson Palmer in temperament, just wants to be one of the guys.  You may be surprised how different he is around his teammates as opposed to his persona in pressers.  Teammates love him.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

You folks are going to think Sam is really boring.  He’s never going to say anything about his coaches, his teammates or criticize the fan base. 

No sulking or claims of disrespect.  He’s much like Carson Palmer in temperament, just wants to be one of the guys.  You may be surprised how different he is around his teammates as opposed to his persona in pressers.  Teammates love him.

Yep.   Here's something else to consider :

Even after Adam Gase was fired, he STILL did not throw him under the bus when no one would've blamed him if he did.

He's a true class act.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

8 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Yep.   Here's something else to consider :

Even after Adam Gase was fired, he STILL did not throw him under the bus when no one would've blamed him if he did.

He's a true class act.

Believe me, I’ve been around many of our players, while they were still in school, and after they left for the NFL.  Sam ranks up there with Troy Polamalu and Anthony Munoz as kind and easy going.  He comes from a great family.

I think Carolina is perfect for him....he was in a big media market in L.A. (and that horror in NY) the SID made sure they scheduled breaks from the media madness for him to get home to family and friends.