• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy on Joe Brady

CRA

7 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

fug him lol

I mean, he definitely is sour...

but that doesn't mean he can't speak some truth.  We certainly looked like a team that went light in 2 minute and redzone reps/practice.  

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Having a quarterback who's not very good in those situations can pretty easily account for that.

So...we will just ignore the fact other players had to pick their jaws off the floor when they heard our schedule and time dedicated to the 2 minute/redzone? 

Teddy is definitely trying to deflect some.  I just think that sounds like a legit critique of a first year OC mixed in with it.  

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

I mean I highly doubt they never practiced the 2 minute drill especially late in the season when it was clear they sucked at the last minute situations. problem was probably more joe brady's inexperience in calling plays. 

But in fairness, he didn't say they never practiced it.  Just that it was noteworthy how little they devoted to it vs elsewhere in the NFL. 

2 minute, redzone and short yardage were areas from watching that stood out as problems for an offense that overall was schemed pretty dang well. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

But in fairness, he didn't say they never practiced it.  Just that it was noteworthy how little they devoted to it vs elsewhere in the NFL. 

2 minute, redzone and short yardage were areas from watching that stood out as problems for an offense that overall was schemed pretty dang well. 

it was these failures that probably cost joe brady a head coaching job. but I bet no matter what happens with the Panthers season this year, joe brady is coaching the bengals next season. write it in blood

1 minute ago, CRA said:

So...we will just ignore the fact other players had to pick their jaws off the floor when they heard our schedule and time dedicated to the 2 minute/redzone? 

Teddy is definitely trying to deflect some.  I just think that sounds like a legit critique of a first year OC mixed in with it.  

It's tough to really rate last year due to Covid. Not buying an excuse for JB, but you have to consider what were our limitations due to the pandemic. 

I also feel that TB could of handled that interview better. He really doesnt sound like somone you want leading your locker room. He has his handful of missed throws in the RZ as well.... some way more obvious than others.... *insert DJ Moore*

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

One of the things you do to help a young OC is pair them with a veteran quarterback.

That didn't really go so well for us.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

It's tough to really rate last year due to Covid. Not buying an excuse for JB, but you have to consider what were our limitations due to the pandemic. 

I also feel that TB could of handled that interview better. He really doesnt sound like somone you want leading your locker room. He has his handful of missed throws in the RZ as well.... some way more obvious than others.... *insert DJ Moore*

I think TB came off bad.  I don't really blame him that much.  I don't think we have handled departures well under Tepper.  

but I do think Joe Brady has a lot of room to grow...despite already being impressive.   And maybe his hands were tied.  Not a normal offseason.  No preseason.  Maybe it was a choice he knowingly made that they were better off focusing more time on getting the overall offense down in such a weird year. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2