• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mini Camps clips

ncfan

2 hours ago, Snake said:

He never saw the field. I swear Panthers fans have a loose sense of what bust means. Otah was costly and never played. Naw dog he had so much potential def not a bust. Look at that one game he played.

cmon Snake... you know better than this. Otah was our starting RT in 2008 (playoffs) and 2009....

40 minutes ago, Snake said:

Butler actually produced the latter point of his time here and so did Fun chess so bad examples. Also injuries happen in football. Otah didn't have a horrible injury that killed his production like say with Cam. Otahs biggest problem was not staying in shape. Same reason Jamarcus was horrible. So bust city.

Butler didn't produce enough to justify a first round pick at any point. He did improve, but a wasted first round pick, especially when you include the injuries. 

I do agree with Funchess though.    I think Funchess caught the passes he needed to, especially in the 2015 season to justify a 2nd round pick.  Love the catch in the endzone against GB that year.   Problem was, he wasn't fast enough to get separation.  So he just wasn't a number one receiver, and we tried to make him one.

20 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

The replays they're showing of Sam are just quick outlet passes.     Hope we get some deep bombs mixed in.   We prefer not to have another Teddy B here.

Funny how we went from hating long routes to hating short routes.

4 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Funny how we went from hating long routes to hating short routes.

I'm not hating.

Just making an observation that the focus in the vid were on outlet passes and nothing involving the long bombs to Robbie or something.   

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Hey did you guys know that Otah wasn't a bust he just got injured?

Not sure if that's been mentioned at all in this thread.

I think the biggest issue is what we have up to get him (2nd and 4th in '08 and 1st in '09). Hurney was a gambler and we lost 

Yes, there was no signs he would be injury prone or that he would not pay off, but he did only play 1 year of big time college ball. Dude was raw...a project. To give up so much for a project like him, you HAVE to be able to hit it. And Hurney didn't. That project blew up in all of our faces. 

It wasn't the injury that ended him, it was that the guy quit trying after he got injured. He just didn't care after he came back and didn't put the work in. Many people around the team at that time came to the same conclusion. 

Was he a "bust"? Don't know...don't care  He was a failure. Drafting him when we did and giving up as much as we did was a monumental mistake hurney made that he kept repeating.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

cmon Snake... you know better than this. Otah was our starting RT in 2008 (playoffs) and 2009....

He was also a bust who got hurt and couldn't get his weight under control. I mean I get we haven't had many starting Tackles that were not journeyman but that doesn't give him not a bust label. He didn't play but 3 season and 34 games within that. Not to mention we traded picks for him.

3 hours ago, SBBlue said:

Butler didn't produce enough to justify a first round pick at any point. He did improve, but a wasted first round pick, especially when you include the injuries. 

I do agree with Funchess though.    I think Funchess caught the passes he needed to, especially in the 2015 season to justify a 2nd round pick.  Love the catch in the endzone against GB that year.   Problem was, he wasn't fast enough to get separation.  So he just wasn't a number one receiver, and we tried to make him one.

Butler was picked at 30. Not all players become all stars especially that late. Not saying it was a great pick but not a horrible one either. He was always going to be a NT and when we used him that way he produced. Why we thought he was a UT is another matter to begin with.

• Beer 1