• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold talks about The Adjust To Charlotte And The Panthers

KatsAzz

5 hours ago, OldhamA said:

You're comparing a starting QB relocating to a 22 year old college graduate moving to a new city for work.

Said college graduate isn't occupying a job that only approx. 40 people on the planet are capable of doing at a high level.

Yes.

And this is the 2nd time around for Sam...he's already successfully executed all of the above once in the pressure cooker that is NYC/NY/NJ...should be a no-brainer in the comparatively sleepy little CLT.

In fact, what the average college graduate faces is probably more daunting in that they are on their own --- everything is already laid out on a platter for Sam when he shows up...turn-key if you will.

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Yes.

And this is the 2nd time around for Sam...he's already successfully executed all of the above once in the pressure cooker that is NYC/NY/NJ...should be a no-brainer in the comparatively sleepy little CLT.

In fact, what the average college graduate faces is probably more daunting in that they are on their own --- everything is already laid out on a platter for Sam when he shows up...turn-key if you will.

Hopefully when Sam turns the key, the engine starts but doesn't blow up in his face (ie O-Line failing).

• Beer 1

20 hours ago, onmyown said:

No body cares about TMZ drama bullshit. Rodgers, Brady, both Mannings, Brees, Jackson, Allen, Herbert, Mahomes are all pretty damn boring. Some of you might be too young to know, but ALL of the older ones were vanilla too at age 23. No reason to be talking poo if you haven’t done poo or ever really. Cam was boring as hell aside from his dumbass remarks and goofy, attention hoarding clothing.

No one cares the GOAT talks more poo than a dude who just grew hair on his nuts.

I'm talking about personalities I don't care about postgame playerspeak. Sam actually seems great at BSing those, probably thanks to being put through the NY media ringer from the jump.

I just wish he was more fun/animated. It ultimately doesn't matter and has zero bearing on the win column, but this is all just entertainment and guys like Cam are more fun to watch for me. Maybe once he gets comfortable he'll loosen up a bit. 

13 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

I'm talking about personalities I don't care about postgame playerspeak. Sam actually seems great at BSing those, probably thanks to being put through the NY media ringer from the jump.

I just wish he was more fun/animated. It ultimately doesn't matter and has zero bearing on the win column, but this is all just entertainment and guys like Cam are more fun to watch for me. Maybe once he gets comfortable he'll loosen up a bit. 

Hate to break it to ya...but that is as loose as he’s going to get with the media....his teammates are a different story.  Before long, the comments will start coming out about his personality.  You want a Cam or a Mayfield type?  You’re going to be severely disappointed.  Wait for your next QB.

Edited by 1usctrojan

19 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

Hate to break it to ya...but that is as loose as he’s going to get with the media....his teammates are a different story.  Before long, the comments will start coming out about his personality.  You want a Cam or a Mayfield type?  You’re going to be severely disappointed.  Wait for your next QB.

I don't really give a damn if he's the most boring person in the world as long as he wins.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

This is about as "fun/animated" as he'll get when it comes to the Media :

I personally prefer my QB to show no personality. I think there were times when Cam's attitude and antics made things actively harder for the team. In 2015 I always had this foreboding feeling that all of it was going to culminate eventually in an ass whooping. During that period most people viewed him as being extremely arrogant and I have no doubt that his actions made defenses target him more and referees protect him less. 

It's basically a Conor McGregor vs Khabib situation, where most people know the poo talking is all in good fun, but some people are going to take it serious and try to fug you up for it.

• Pie 1

59 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I personally prefer my QB to show no personality. I think there were times when Cam's attitude and antics made things actively harder for the team. In 2015 I always had this foreboding feeling that all of it was going to culminate eventually in an ass whooping. During that period most people viewed him as being extremely arrogant and I have no doubt that his actions made defenses target him more and referees protect him less. 

It's basically a Conor McGregor vs Khabib situation, where most people know the poo talking is all in good fun, but some people are going to take it serious and try to fug you up for it.

It’s all about your preference.  Do you want your QB to entertain, even if that entertainment is sometimes cringeworthy, or do you want him to lead first? Deflecting from himself in victory, making it about the team, standing in front of his team to take the blunt for a loss? If the players know their  QB respects and values his teammates above any attention he may receive, they will have his back 

Edited by 1usctrojan
  • Beer 1

On 5/26/2021 at 3:49 PM, AndrewLaskoski said:

C’mon Sam, give us a “blood & guts” type quote for what the Jets game will be like week 1. 

It’s hard to endear yourself to the fan base if your press conferences are as vanilla as that. 

He's definitely laid back, very So Cal kind of guy.  That's gonna take getting used to after Cam's drip and energy. (I didn't watch all that much of Teddy's press conferences.  Last season I was busy and distracted....)  Hopefully Sam will speak loudly with his play, and once the team starts winning, he'll be a bit freer with some fun quotes.  But for now, I'm ok with him being quiet and just focusing on learning our offense.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I feel sure Sam Darnold has been told over and over by his coaches that every single thing he says and does will be analyzed and scrutinized by the media and the NFL, the place where his football dreams can come true and should hold back on any controversial subject that comes up.

I can't see were Darnolds personality would or should be a problem for an NFL team or its fanbase.

Some, if not all, NFL teams want franchise type players, quarterbacks specifically, who don't rock the boat. "Better to be seen than heard."

Sam Darnold
Edited by KatsAzz
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, CanePantherHornet said:

That’s not a reflection on Cam though. That just tells you how biased and ignorant the officials were to protect their good ole boy system and punish Cam for being unabashedly confident and himself.

Fug that. I want my QB to talk trash when he wants as long as he can back it up. The way they are treated within the game by the officials that represent the NFL should be irrelevant. 

Edited by OneBadCat
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

That’s not a reflection on Cam though. That just tells you how biased and ignorant the officials were to protect their good ole boy system and punish Cam for being unabashedly confident and himself.

Fug that. I want my QB to talk trash when he wants as long as he can back it up. The way they are treated within the game by the officials that represent the NFL should be irrelevant. 

It should be, but it never will be. As long as refs are human they will not be impartial.

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

It should be, but it never will be. As long as refs are human they will not be impartial.

It would change if we actually held them accountable. That’s what the PI challenge was trying to do. And what did the refs do? They boycotted like crybaby’s and refused to overturn any PI even if they were wrong. 

They shouldn’t be able to double down like that without consequence. . All it takes is making select penalties challengeable.

These athletes and coaches spend their entire lives in dedication to make it to the NFL. It is a game of inches and small mistakes. Yet they continue to get cheated by part time officials and old white dudes on power trips.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1