• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much of the Jets performance was really on Darnold?

SBBlue

11 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

So it's really as simple as a coin flip?

There's no proper framework/precedent you can think of which could allow for an evaluation process that might tilt the odds in the favor of Tepper & Co??

Huh?  People have listed rebounds on the thread....you'll just dismiss it.

Even so, is one example enough?   You really need a dozen to make a case.   Small.  Data. Set.  

5 hours ago, SBBlue said:

Huh?  People have listed rebounds on the thread....you'll just dismiss it.

Even so, is one example enough?   You really need a dozen to make a case.   Small.  Data. Set.  

FYI Sizzle is a troll. You can answer his questions with data and examples and he will just keep adding to it or changing it to keep his trolling alive. It’s a waste of time to engage. Remember Don’t Feed The Trolls.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

No doubt, very very "small"...

How about some specifics on Sam?  

Apparently he can "sling it"...

...what else?

TBH I really don't know much about Darnold.  I don't watch jets games...and don't intend to, except the coming week1.    I've seen the lowlights and the highlights.    But here's one rather even handed eval:

Let me know what you think.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

FYI Sizzle is a troll. You can answer his questions with data and examples and he will just keep adding to it or changing it to keep his trolling alive. It’s a waste of time to engage. Remember Don’t Feed The Trolls.

Hey thanks.   I  know.   I learned some from other peoples posted replies to this troll.    I'm just going to post a few more.

• Pie 1

i know for a FACT what my eyes have witnessed & more often than not unfortunately especially if you are a fan of the Panthers like myself it's not pretty to say the least 

but on the other hand i have to dismiss what I know to be the truth & still yet hope for the best...

with that said go Panthers

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, bandu said:

i know for a FACT what my eyes have witnessed & more often than not unfortunately especially if you are a fan of the Panthers like myself it's not pretty to say the least 

but on the other hand i have to dismiss what I know to be the truth & still yet hope for the best...

with that said go Panthers

I'm just wondering what you think if of the video I posted couple posts before  here:

• Pie 1

The coaches have shown confidence in Sam, he looks happy and confident....everything else like message board chatter is just noise.  The Panthers organization has already shown they believe in him, rest is up to him.  

Happy Birthday today, Sammy.  Fight On!

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I’d say a lot. Darnold is a huge gamble, I think his ceiling is a delhomme style. But I also don’t know if this coaching staff has the experience to even get him up to that level. 

I think Delhomme is about right as far as his ceiling. He will never be an elite franchise QB but if everything goes his way he might be able to be as good as Delhomme was.

His ceiling is honestly less concerning than his floor.

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think Delhomme is about right as far as his ceiling. He will never be an elite franchise QB but if everything goes his way he might be able to be as good as Delhomme was.

His ceiling is honestly less concerning than his floor.

Agreed. I really hope this coaching staff can work some magic. I love me some canes but I’d really like to see the panthers take a step in the right direction. I know most folks here saw last year as a step forward but I think it was a wash comparable to the previous season, guess I’m just a little more cynical. I just didn’t see as much forward momentum but I am giving everyone but Snow a pass. Especially now that we finally rid ourselves of Hernia. I just don’t think Snow is gonna be capable of out scheming most OC’s in the league. Luke leaving tells me a lot too, if he thought this team could make it to a superb owl he would still be here. 

Back on subject though, I think Darnold will be more fun to watch, which is what most people want, I think Rhule is capable of preparing him mentally, but I’m not sure about the staying power Rhule has and I’m not sure the locker room is buying into his coaching style.

I hate to say it but I’d still firmly place my bet on a chip Kelly-esque situation happening here. I think Rhule will get these players prepared but I think Tepper will bring in a Vet coach to get them over the hump. Here’s to hoping I’m wrong though and Rhule turns out to be a mad genius. 

• Beer 2

Just now, Harbingers said:

Agreed. I really hope this coaching staff can work some magic. I love me some canes but I’d really like to see the panthers take a step in the right direction. I know most folks here saw last year as a step forward but I think it was a wash comparable to the previous season, guess I’m just a little more cynical. I just didn’t see as much forward momentum but I am giving everyone but Snow a pass. Especially now that we finally rid ourselves of Hernia. I just don’t think Snow is gonna be capable of out scheming most OC’s in the league. Luke leaving tells me a lot too, if he thought this team could make it to a superb owl he would still be here. 

Back on subject though, I think Darnold will be more fun to watch, which is what most people want, I think Rhule is capable of preparing him mentally, but I’m not sure about the staying power Rhule has and I’m not sure the locker room is buying into his coaching style.

I hate to say it but I’d still firmly place my bet on a chip Kelly-esque situation happening here. I think Rhule will get these players prepared but I think Tepper will bring in a Vet coach to get them over the hump. Here’s to hoping I’m wrong though and Rhule turns out to be a mad genius. 

Yeah, we are betting on long shots in the all college staff and a reclamation bust QB. 

You just have to hope that one or more of the gambles works. I guess ultimately that is all you need. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, we are betting on long shots in the all college staff and a reclamation bust QB. 

You just have to hope that one or more of the gambles works. I guess ultimately that is all you need. 

I mean gambling is what made tepper a billionaire so… he knows more than I, that’s for sure. But I’m not sold on this gamble. I will however enjoy every minute of it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

I’d say a lot. Darnold is a huge gamble, I think his ceiling is a delhomme style. But I also don’t know if this coaching staff has the experience to even get him up to that level. 

We got Jake at 28, so let's say Darnold takes a year to get ramped up and hits his stride in 2022 at 24 years old. I wouldn't mind four additional years (younger years vs. older years) of a Delhomme-esque QB with the weapons we have around him.