• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

June 1st (trade and cut transactions) rumors

Leotiger

35 minutes ago, joemac said:

Seeing rumors on Twitter that we are going to trade or release Robby Anderson for some strange reason.  I see no benefit in a move like that, unless they trade him for something somewhat valuable.  We have Robby and Moore and then a lot of unproven young guys....would be dumb to get rid of him now.

If I understood the One Panther Place podcast discussion of this sources aren't confirming that speculation.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why else would Robby want out? Why else would we want him out? He performed great relative to his contract last year.

To be clear, I don't buy the rumors. But IF they're true, that's the most likely reason.

Robby called Bridgewater the "icing on the cake" for coming to the Panthers...and some of his tweets/quotes were interpreted by some to throw some shade on Darnold, even though they look like they were on the jets.

He is up for the second year of a 2 year deal, had a career year last year and really gave us a discount because what Rhule did for him in college:

"...if it wasn’t for Coach Rhule making things happen, I wouldn’t be in the position that I’m in today....There wasn’t much he had to sell me on… I wanted to be a Panther.”

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 1

I can see a possible trade of Robby, he has good value as a 1000 yard reciever on the last year of his contract, if we have no intent on resigning him, and we can use his current value plus cheap last year of contract to levy into some serious value for us, then it makes sense.  That said, i dont believe we are going to move him, he'll be here this next season.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I can see a possible trade of Robby, he has good value as a 1000 yard reciever on the last year of his contract, if we have no intent on resigning him, and we can use his current value plus cheap last year of contract to levy into some serious value for us, then it makes sense.  That said, i dont believe we are going to move him, he'll be here this next season.

I think they saw the possibility of this coming which is why we are so stacked at WR with  David Moore, Marshal and Shi coming in.

I really really hope its just speculation.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

I think they saw the possibility of this coming which is why we are so stacked at WR with Moore, Marshal and Shi coming in.

I really really hope its just speculation.

We also have David Moore who had decent production in limited action last season.  I COULD see them wanting to roll with a youth movement on offense, by beginning the season starting both Moore's outside and giving Terrace time to mature before installing him at WR2 and moving D.Moore or Shi Smith into the slot.  IDK....but I sure as hell would not move Robby this year if I was running the team.

Just now, joemac said:

We also have David Moore who had decent production in limited action last season.  I COULD see them wanting to roll with a youth movement on offense, by beginning the season starting both Moore's outside and giving Terrace time to mature before installing him at WR2 and moving D.Moore or Shi Smith into the slot.  IDK....but I sure as hell would not move Robby this year if I was running the team.

Its funny with 2 Moores... I was actually referring to David and realized it and edited it in time.   He just doesn't have Robby's speed.   Robby is tall and fast.... I really hope we keep him.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why else would Robby want out? Why else would we want him out? He performed great relative to his contract last year.

To be clear, I don't buy the rumors. But IF they're true, that's the most likely reason.

or we just drafted his replacement

id rather bet on that

• Beer 2