• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round Two, Game 3

Harbingers

10 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Caught snippets of it on a flight from Denver to Detroit. Missed the GWG.

It was a must win. Sadly, so is the next game.

The next game is HUGE but not necessarily a must win like last night was. If we lose we go back home and can make it 3-2 and build off of that momentum to take another in Tampa and even the series. Last night's game was the most critical as a loss would've buried us.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

The next game is HUGE but not necessarily a must win like last night was. If we lose we go back home and can make it 3-2 and build off of that momentum to take another in Tampa and even the series. Last night's game was the most critical as a loss would've buried us.

Agreed last night was do or die but I’d still like to see the win tomorrow night going back home with a day or two off. Rod is speaking around 1, so hopefully we get a Foegs update. But we are starting to feel that attrition. Either scenario will work but I think if we can win tomorrow, two days off, win at home with the chance to clinch at Tampa in a potential game six would be a huge boost. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, t96 said:

Anytime you push to being one game from elimination, every game becomes a must win. If we go down 3-1, the odds of winning are really low 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Anytime you push to being one game from elimination, every game becomes a must win. If we go down 3-1, the odds of winning are really low 

Exactly. I would rather not be in a 3-1 position and that close to being eliminated.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Not Canes related but holy poo.

Holy poo.  I don’t watch many sports other than football, but I’m surprised this doesn’t happen more.  When I was playing baseball as a kid this happened, the pitcher had a tooth or two knocked out.  Thankfully it was just kids and not a grown ass man knocking the ball back at you.  Hope he is okay.  That was rough.  

• Pie 2

On 6/3/2021 at 10:46 PM, PleaseCutStewart said:

With how low the viewership is for the NHL compared to the other major sports, the last thing they want is a small market team like Carolina in the stanley cup finals. They want teams with big name stars that casual sports fans will watch - Carolina isn't that unfortunately.

Don't buy that otherwise the Rangers, Blackhawks, Kings wouldn't all suck and the Leafs wouldn't have lost the first round and we would be without a Cup.

• Pie 2

Man I hope Foegs is a go tonight. Geekie honestly I think played better than Lorentz last night. Generated a few good opportunities. I’d move him up a line and let Marty try and elevate the 4th line.  

Foegs has been stellar this series so far though. Not showing up on the score sheet but the dude has probably the most take aways, rush chance generations on the team. I’d love to see Fast up his game a little too, the dude is a grinder but his matchups haven’t been great this series so far. 

Edited by Harbingers