• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Honestly curious: How many players on our roster can you name without looking?

KB_fan

QB - Darnold, Walker, Grier

RB - CMC, Chuba, Scott

WR - DJ Moore, Robbie, David More, Shi Smith, Marshall

TE - Arnold, Ian Thomas, Tremble

OL - Little, Paradis, Erving, Christensen, Daley

DL -  Burns, Matos, Brown, Fox, Roy, Nixon

LB - Shaq, Reddick, Perryman, Carter

Secondary - Chinn, Burris, Horn, Bouye, Jackson, Taylor

K - Slye

I did pretty good, I can not remember who our punter is though.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, SBBlue said:

My number is 54 and that's only if you include Ha Ha Clinton-dix which is premature....so really I listed 53.

Yeah, I checked, I blanked on some ones I shouldn't have

I forgot to list:

Greg Little, Mike Horton, Gross-Matos, Haynes, Roy, Luvu, Melvin, Stanly Thomas Oliver

Even if I didn't blank I only had 61.  The rest I know very little about including  Ibe.

I like your honest answer.You did better than me because i will start remembering more players names at different positions after the final roster is set and confirmed.

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, KB_fan said:

It's a valid perspective.  But I'm thinking that beyond the top 45 or so guys, there's still quite a number of open spots on the roster and real competition, especially on offense (at least 2-3 spots on the OL, a back up RB, maybe 2-3 WRs), and also maybe at safety and at least 1 spot on the D line, that makes knowing at least the top 60 - 65 guys worthwhile. I find it more fun following training camp if the guys are more than just names I barely know.  

I'm sure that I'll never be able to rattle off all 90 names any time soon.  If I get to 65 that I can remember and be a bit knowledgeable about, I'll feel I'm doing well.  Gone are the days when we were returning a very high percentage of our prior season's 53 man roster and there were fewer new guys to get to know. 

It's a struggle this year to keep up with it all. There's been turnover, of course, but there's something else. Rhule and Co. haven't been picking up well known names in free agency. They are deep diving a bit more than we've seen in a loooong time. Combine that with this being one of the youngest teams in the league (if not THE youngest) and it might be more than my tired, old brain can keep up with.

All 90, no way... I might get to 50 if I really worked at it and most of them would be carry over players. Still, I'm really in hopes that they find some uncut diamonds in all of this recruiting/drafting, some folks that aren't well know right now but who will be unforgettable after this year.

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I'll actually try this: 

QB: Darnold, Walker, Grier

RB: CMC, Chubba Hubbard, Bonnafon?

FB: Some UDFA kid?   2 udfa's I think

TE: Tremble, Arnold, Thomas

WR: DJ, Robby, Shi Smith, David Moore?, the LSU kid who's name is on the tip of my tongue, a couple of JAGS from last season  Bayless, Zyvestri, Kirkwood, 

OL: Irving, Elflein, Daley, Little, Moton, Paradis, Moore, Brown, Christensen, Miller, 

K/P/LS: Slye, fug I forget the punters name now, JJ Jansen, the 6th round kid from Bama Charlton is the punter, fug, what is that kid's name?? I just read the article about him and JJ yesterday!

DE/EDGE: Burns, YGM, Haynes, Reddick, 

DT: Brown, Jones, Fox, Roy, Nixon, some other rookie DT I am forgetting I couldn't come up with Nixon 

LB: Miller, Shaq, Perryman, the UNC kid dammit that UNC kid was decent last year

S: Chinn, Burris, franklin, that guy from the seahawkks- Ibe I think

CB: Horn, Jackson, Bouye, Taylor, Pride, STO, that other vet that we picked up as a FA

So, 42. A little less than I thought but about 5-6 I am just seeing faces and not remembering names.

47, assuming they're all correct. Not too bad. I'll be able to keep up with all 53 (if not evey #) by game 3.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, AndrewLaskoski said:

I remember Colin Thompson catching a TD pass last year and having no idea whatsoever who he was. 

I tend to get a few who-the-fug-was-that moments, especially when they start bringing up PS players to replace injured guys. 

• Pie 1

I was able to get the starters and the key backups without too much difficulty.    

After that it comes down to how strict you want to be about identifying players.   I could get a few more by just the first or last name (like "Paddy" (Paddy Fisher), the UDFA LB).  Several others were guys who I knew their history such as what team they played on before or which college they attended, but their names escaped me ("that rookie DT from Kentucky").   That's good enough for me (since most of those guys will get cut) but it's not their exact names.  

A good exercise ! 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Well counting all the D. Moores on the roster brings the floor up to 15 at least. 

Obviously it's not quite as extreme as having 3 D. Moores, but we also have

3 Browns (Derrick, Deonte & Spencer), 

2 Millers (Christian & John)

2 Smiths (Shi & Rodney)

2 Thompsons (Shaq & Colin).

So, just knowing those 5 surnames gives you 12 players accounted for! 🙂

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, OceanPanther said:

Age,  Covid fog,, I'll take all the excuses.

Right now I'm hoping to know the starting 22 plus K , P , and long snapper  🙂

I have 88 more days till Sept 12 .. 

Sun is out, golf is special,  and the beach is calling.  I have to make tough decisions every day 😁 🤙

I like your priorities.  No judgement here.  I was just curious.

I'm encouraged that others too say they know the roster somewhat less well than previously.  I honestly have been a bit worried by Covid brain fog, and am beginning to do more of this kind of thing where I make myself frequently have to probe my memory a bit.  I think it's helping. Less obvious memory loss now than in Jan / Feb.  Then I was routinely losing my train of thought / forgetting vocabulary (even in English, and don't get me started on French or Arabic!) when I was leading trainings, teaching material I used to know cold.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1