• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't sleep on Brian Burns for DPOY in 2021

SBBlue

Carolina Panthers: Don't sleep on Brian Burns for DPOY in 2021 (catcrave.com)

"Having Haason Reddick on the opposite side of the line is a massive boost that cannot be overlooked. The free-agent signing from the Arizona Cardinals is coming off a 12.5-sack season in 2020 and if he proves this wasn’t a flash in the pan, Burns should get more space to work in."

"Couple this with two space-eaters manning the interior in Derrick Brown and DaQuan Jones, and it’s not hard to see why Burns is fancied to enter a completely different stratosphere next season."

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

I really think this is going to be a breakout year for spiderman with the incoming help.

Couldn't agree more brother, I’m so excited for this years defense! I am really bullish on this years squad.

• Beer 1

I really want to see Burns have a big year, I really do. In all honesty, though, he has got to make a major step up to even enter the top tier of DE/Edge players in the league. He's close, soooo close, but he hasn't gotten there yet.

Yes, he did have a couple of games last year where he was the dominant player on the field and there were times throughout the year when he was able to cause havoc. But he has not joined that group of players that are elite pass rushers yet.

He's got more help now and he's maturing (he's still learning the pro game and putting on muscle) so the conditions are all there for him but I think for us to just swoon over him and declare him a strong or sure DPOY candidate in June is just ludicrous homering.