• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Good Ole Waiver Wire - Your Friend and Mine

Zod

17 minutes ago, saX man said:

Ditto on the backup QB. I believe they thought they found a guy that could win games in PJ but it just wasn't the case.  But there's not much across the league to be honest.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/QB

QBs that could be cut:

Easton Stick

Blaine Gabbert

My boy Nate Sudfeld

?

or maybe Matt Barkley (current FA)

Barkley is a Titan.

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

We carried 3 QBs last year.

We don't undervalue the QB position (backup or starter), but we just can't find any quality. 

Self inflicted gunshot wound. In hindsight Newton, Herbert, Fields would have been OK with the defense we have.

They so far have shown no smarts for QB at all.

I'm hoping Sam's that guy but their track record terrible and misguided.

18 minutes ago, ncfan said:

also CB.  Bouye missing the next few weeks with a new team here then suspended the first few weeks of the season

2 weeks.  
We have Horn/Jackson/Pride/Stanley-Oliver/Taylor and others.  We can probably hold off on CB to maybe address other more pressing needs…*cough* LT *cough*

You’re right about the LT market.  Something crazy would have to shake loose to change it.  Still need one tho.

LB is tough.  Health and depth are real concerns.  The other issue is we’ve accumulated talent up front, on the edges, the corners, and the back side.  Can we reasonably expect to have budding stars at all 3 levels?

If we can get “steady” play out of the LBs, I think we’ll be looking really good.

• Pie 1

I don't see the CB need.Bouye being suspended 2 weeks is something they already knew. As a veteran who's considered extremely knowledgeable and versatile it's not the end of the world and he has the extra time to heal up.

I could see a tackle that let's us move on from Little. Any usable tackle would do.

Edited by Moo Daeng

Definitely would like to see some churn in regards to depth for safety, QB2, back-up LBs, and every position on the OL except for Moton's.

Let's not forget that this is year 2 for the coaching staff. A complete roster overhaul isn't done in just a season, especially a season that was affected by a pandemic. With that considered, they've done an excellent job stocking the WRs, CBs, RBs, and DL. Hopefully we'll see that the TE group's overhaul was successful and we're left with just S, OL, and LB to finish shoring up. The fact that we have competent starters at LB and Jeremy f'n Chinn at safety helps tremendously with those areas. I don't think we'll see what some of the young OL guys are really capable of until later in the season or maybe even next. If at least one of Little or Daley can step up, that'd be a big help.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Self inflicted gunshot wound. In hindsight Newton, Herbert, Fields would have been OK with the defense we have.

Herbert was taken ahead of us

Hindsight is showing that moving on from Cam was the best move. He was still having physical issues last season, not including COVID.

Fields was available, but do you burn your first two picks on QB or do you burn just one? Considering that they had already spend a 2nd on Darnold due to uncertainty on where the chips would fall in the 1st, they made the best move there as well imo.

Would we rather have FIelds/Darnold with DJack/Bouye/Pride Jr or would we rather have Darnold/QB2 with Horn/DJack/Bouye? I'd personally take the latter, especially given the flexibility with Darnold's contract.

Edited by Icege
  • Beer 1

32 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

So, in the 2020 draft you would have traded our 2021 first round pick to draft Herbert and then used that same pick to draft Fields the next season??? Brilliant!!! Why didn't we just think of that? You're right. Our team has no idea how this stuff works. 

• Pie 3

17 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Herbert was taken ahead of us

We got Teddy B instead of playing Grier which may have gotten us a couple less "wins". 

We didn't have to full out tank for Herbert, he was in reach had we not signed TB for all that money.

That's why I bring up Herbert as a mistake. Marty went to Oregon during CV19 to go see Herbert and we didn't make moves to get him.

19 minutes ago, Icege said:

Hindsight is showing that moving on from Cam was the best move. He was still having physical issues last season, not including COVID.

Fields was available, but do you burn your first two picks on QB or do you burn just one? Considering that they had already spend a 2nd on Darnold due to uncertainty on where the chips would fall in the 1st, they made the best move there as well imo.

Would we rather have FIelds/Darnold with DJack/Bouye/Pride Jr or would we rather have Darnold/QB2 with Horn/DJack/Bouye? I'd personally take the latter, especially given the flexibility with Darnold's contract.

Somewhat agree but QB is most important and if Darnold lights it up in that scenario GREAT!

They made a huge bet on Sam with absolutely no safety net. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Icege said:

Nobody knows if it was the best move in August. We will have answers in the fall and hopefully that means Sam is balling out.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

Somewhat agree but QB is most important and if Darnold lights it up in that scenario GREAT!

They made a huge bet on Sam with absolutely no safety net. 

I'm sorry, but are we saying that THE PJ Walker aka Mr Undefeated is about as effective as The Flying Graysons' invisible safety net? 😮

Classic Film Trapeze GIF by Warner Archive

Tho considering how that draft went overall, we'd have likely taken Miller where we took Grier, but I definitely would have taken Minshew over Scarlett in the 5th.

• Beer 2

38 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

So, in the 2020 draft you would have traded our 2021 first round pick to draft Herbert and then used that same pick to draft Fields the next season??? Brilliant!!! Why didn't we just think of that? You're right. Our team has no idea how this stuff works. 

This is a timeline idiot.

Get with it.