• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christensen ...

Zod

Well that is disappointing to hear but not all that surprising. I assumed he would at least play G for us this season but I am still happy with the Christensen pick. NFL is a massive jump from BYU (Zach Wilson will learn this the hard way) and I still believe there is a lot of upside in pass pro once Christensen gets up to speed. Maybe it takes him a year or two. As long as he is coached up and gets there, thats fine. 

• Pie 8

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Well that is disappointing to hear but not all that surprising. I assumed he would at least play G for us this season but I am still happy with the Christensen pick. NFL is a massive jump from BYU (Zach Wilson will learn this the hard way) and I still believe there is a lot of upside in pass pro once Christensen gets up to speed. Maybe it takes him a year or two. As long as he is coached up and gets there, thats fine. 

Wilson has been getting shredded in the media for consistently practicing poorly so far and was the worst of all the QBs yesterday in front of the fans at their fan fest. I think he was the only one to not get into the end zone and he turned the ball over twice in three drives. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

Wilson has been getting shredded in the media for consistently practicing poorly so far and was the worst of all the QBs yesterday in front of the fans at their fan fest. I think he was the only one to not get into the end zone and he turned the ball over twice in three drives. 

I genuinely did not understand the people gushing of Wilson in this place. He has arm talent for days and thats what everyone fell in love with, but thats just about it right now. We had people saying we should trade three future firsts for him lmao. What nonsense. 

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 2

Just now, Zod said:

I am not saying he won't ever start.

I am saying we probably won't see him at all this season.

Maybe next season he can push for the LT job.

Still concerning for an older rookie who will be 25 at the start of the season and drafted 70th overall. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 2

2 minutes ago, Zod said:

I am not saying he won't ever start.

I am saying we probably won't see him at all this season.

Maybe next season he can push for the LT job.

You are there and much more in the know than I am, but it seems to me he isn't in Rhules plans as a LT. Sounds like the hope for him is a good Pass Pro RT as Rhule has mentioned his arm size and Moton going to LT. I think if Christensen is there next year, he goes to RT and Moton moves over to the left.

9 minutes ago, Varking said:

I blame Gase!

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I genuinely did not understand the people gushing of Wilson in this place. He had arm talent for days and thats what everyone fell in love with, but thats just about it right now. We had people saying we should trade three future first for him lmao. What nonsense. 

There was a reason Zach Wilson didn't know if he would even be the starting QB going in to this past year... 

Never got the narrative that went on this year with these college QBs this past offseason/leading up to the draft. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 4

1 minute ago, CRA said:

There was a reason Zach Wilson didn't know if he would even be the starting QB going in to this past year... 

Never got the narrative that went on this year with these college QBs this past offseason/leading up to the draft. 

Covid made the typical scouting cycle and routine impossible so some people were overhyped and some dealt with crazy prospect fatigue. Wilson has outstanding arm talent but his numbers against teams with losing records compared to teams with winning records probably had the biggest gap between them of all the major QBs in the draft. 

He could still ball out. He may break their curse. Normally their QBs look good early and then struggle during the year. Maybe he will be the opposite.