• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Colts Gameday Thread

Zod

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Johnathan Taylor is the starting RB. Hilton, Pascal, Pittman are the starting WRs. Doyle is the starting TE. None of them touched the ball, i do not think they played at all. 

I didn't know Hilton was still there..

What about Oline??

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Unless you're a high draft pick waiting for your opportunity, all backup QBs have significant flaws. That's why they're backups.

Nobody is questioning why backups are backups, it's just some backups are better than others and some don't deserve to even be 3rd string.

Take the era out of the equation, would you feel better with Steve Beuerlein, Jake Delhomme or even Derek Anderson as a backup over Grier?  Yes, all those guys came here as backups.  Up until today, supposedly the #2 competition between Walker and Grier was a toss-up.  So no, your backup QBs don't have to be flaming bags of dog poo. 

Edited by 45catfan

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Nobody is questioning why backups are backups, it's just some backups are better than others and some don't deserve to even be 3rd string.

Take the era out of the equation, would you feel better with Steve Beuerlein, Jake Delhomme or even Derek Anderson as a backup over Grier?  Yes, all those guys came here as backups.  Up until today, supposedly the #2 competition between Walker and Grier was a toss-up.  So no, your backup QBs don't have to be flaming bags of dog poo. 

Come on.....who doesn't love flaming bags of dog poo? Its the ideal gift for any occasion. Grier should see a football field on no occasion. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I just think we're squabbling over the wrong thing here. We have a massive question mark at starter. That's the biggest concern until we see the answer to that question.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just think we're squabbling over the wrong thing here. We have a massive question mark at starter. That's the biggest concern until we see the answer to that question.

I totally agree Sam is a huge question mark until he proves otherwise, but I also can't understand why we are seemingly fine with glossing over the reserve QB situation.  Remember, Darnold hasn't been the most durable guy and has yet to play a full season. My point is it's not too much to ask for a little upgrade to the most valuable #2 spot on the team.  Let's forget about Grier, he's obviously toast, but PJ is a #3 in all honesty.  Whether that be on the 53-man roster or practice squad, that's the reality.  We are one hit away form flushing a promising season because the team is too narrow-sighted to realize they have all their eggs in one basket.

Edited by 45catfan

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

I totally agree Sam is a huge question mark until he proves otherwise, but I also can't understand why we are seemingly fine with glossing over the reserve QB situation.  Remember, Darnold hasn't been the most durable guy has yet to play a full season. My point is it's not too much to ask for a little upgrade to the most valuable #2 spot on the team.  Let's forget about Grier, he's obviously toast, but PJ is a #3 in all honesty.  Whether that be on the 53-man roster or practice squad, that's the reality.  We are one hit away form flushing a promising season because the team is too narrow-sighted to realize they have all their eggs in one basket.

I just think it's highly doubtful we're going to find an upgrade in August and I certainly don't want to spend anymore future draft capital trying to slap a bandaid in the current QB roster.

• Pie 1