• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I used to come to this place to learn things about football...

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

Jeremy Chinn, the true DROTY, covered up a lot of our deficiencies at LB last year.

They're lining him up at S this year so the LB corps has taken a huge step backwards. 

Just replied basically the same thing, I think Sean Chandler and Kenny Robinson looked pretty good at safety today so we'll definitely see Chinn on some LB snaps depending on the play calls. Chandler/Robinson/Burris/Franklin isn't mind blowing but should be able to hold their own if LB is a liability 

• Pie 1

I mean you have posters saying the season is doomed and posters saying we just had one of the best drafts ever (you seemed to miss pointing out this bunch)…after one preseason game. It works both ways. Both will be posting flaming knee jerk threads early in the season, win or lose.

Just the way it is. Reasonable fans will wait until mid season to form any kind of opinion.

The only fact at this point is Grier is trash.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

Not sure what you expect from a franchise that has been largely stuck in a funk of perpetual losing for 25 years save for a few bright spot seasons here and there along the way. If the team starts winning again things will improve and if not the fanbase will just keep eating itself. I doubt it's much better on the Jets or Lions forums either.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Not sure what you expect from a franchise that has been largely stuck in a funk of perpetual losing for 25 years save for a few bright spot seasons here and there along the way. If the team starts winning again things will improve and if not the fanbase will just keep eating itself. I doubt it's much better on the Jets or Lions forums either.

I don’t doubt it’s the same other places, but is it really an excuse for lack of logic and reason?

25 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I mean you have posters saying the season is doomed and posters saying we just had one of the best drafts ever (you seemed to miss pointing out this bunch)…after one preseason game. It works both ways. Both will be posting flaming knee jerk threads early in the season, win or lose.

Just the way it is. Reasonable fans will wait until mid season to form any kind of opinion.

Grier not trash, he just didn't have...hey someone help me out what's the excuses for Darnold coming out of NY...

32 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Well, I did throw my question marks in the thread. That said, Chinn, YGM, Marshall, Tremble, Christensen, Brown, Smith etc were all picked after the first round and while it’s a small sample size, it’s clearly looking better than drafts we have had under DG or Hurney in the later rounds. 

Combine that with the fact I’m damn tired of the constant negativity and Tepper, Rhule, organization bashing on general that’s being going on for the last few years, I’m prone to pardon the sparse optimism even if exaggerated. 

But again, since you feel compelled to point out I’ve overlooked the overtly positive posters, tell me. Which had been more plentiful today? The doom and gloom or the sunshine crowd? We both know the answer. So yes, I was responding specifically to the negative Nancy types. 

We do agree on Grier. His time is almost up. And Slye may stick around another year but he has to be on a short leash as well.

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 2

7 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

I enjoyed the write up but I’ve been here since day one and over-reacting to preseason games is one of the few traditions still alive from the old days. 

Yeah it’s always been there, but this still feels a step beyond. YGM getting cut? I mean come on. And combine the overreactions with the deliberate trolls and I think it just has become much more tiresome and prevalent.