• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I used to come to this place to learn things about football...

The two most outspoken posters shouting about this are also the two most volatile contributors who engage in personal attacks most frequently while asking for moderation over difference of opinion. They know who they are. I'm sure I'll get another poop for this post from one of them momentarily lol.

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, Zod said:

Y'all know it's up to y'all to fix it right? Start a solid informative or interesting topic. Do your part to getting back on track. If you posted in this thread to complain, how about posting something to move towards I proving this joint next. 

All I’m going to say is look at the response to this thread. While what you are saying is technically true, it’s pretty clear if you look objectively that a lot of people here are pretty tired of the trolls and constant bashing of the team. Perhaps it isn’t ALL our fault that it’s gotten this way. Just saying.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

40 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I wrote a whole rant here in response to this with links to posts and back-and-forth's and derailed threads that I myself have participated in, but I've thought better of it. 

Suffice it to say, I disagree with your assessment.  I'm going to leave it at that.

Fair enough. If you have enough material to write an entire exposé then I'll acknowledge I could be wrong.  I admit I am not as active here anymore, in large part due to the context of this thread.  Maybe my bar for mods has become so low that him simply not calling people dumbass morons is enough to hold him in relatively high personal regard.

• Beer 1

40 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Fair enough. If you have enough material to write an entire exposé then I'll acknowledge I could be wrong.  I admit I am not as active here anymore, in large part due to the context of this thread.  Maybe my bar for mods has become so low that him simply not calling people dumbass morons is enough to hold him in relatively high personal regard.

I just trying  not to get personal.  I'm sure these are good people volunteering their time.

17 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

... that was some 15 years ago now. Holy immature meltdown. Today I have learned that the Huddle thinks YGM will be cut while the entire 3rd string will somehow make the roster and ruin our season at the same time. 

Here’s some perspective kids. The starters did not play at all today minus maybe a couple battling for a starting spot. This game should be looked at as two separate games. The first one was in the first half. It was the Panthers depth vs the Colts depth. Our backups won that game. If you erase few jittery penalties we would have had an even bigger winning margin than we did. 

The second game was the Panthers practice squad and cuts (minus a couple) vs the Colts practice squad and cuts. As it turns out, the Colts had better garbage than we had today. The second half of the first preseason game that did not feature any starters tells us less than 1% about our upcoming season. 

What we did learn about the upcoming season is that it seems Rhule and company can really evaluate talent and identify NFL talent in the late rounds of the draft. That’s something we haven’t really had for a decade. Last years draft class looked terrific last season. Our first three picks last year all contributed in a big way. But this years class on paper seems to be even better. I think we found a lot of contributors in the draft this year and that is a very welcome change.

I learned PJ Walker is a serviceable backup. By no means a top tier backup and if Darnold misses considerable time then the season is over. But if Sam were to miss two games this season, depending on who we play, I’m confident PJ could do enough to get us a win in one of them. 

We learned that Tremble indeed has better hands than he’s been given credit for. Many of us suspected this may be the case, but today or showed it. 

We learn that WR is loaded. We expected this, but after today, it’s absolutely confirmed. It may not be our strongest position but it’s damn sure our deepest. 

Yeah, the offensive line looked troublesome today. But it also showed potential. Brown and Christensen played pretty well. Yeah, there were a few mistakes made, but overall they were decent. 

CB depth could still be an issue if we lose one of our first three CBs on the chart. But if they stay healthy, I’m not worried about it. We are still young at CB and these guys are still learning. 

LB is weak. I’m not worried about the starters but if we do lose one, that’s probably our biggest weakness. Those guys have got to stay healthy.

But ultimately we didn’t learn very much at all. Most of who we watched will rarely (if ever) make the field this season. This was a chance for those guys to gain NFL experience and continue to grow as players. The sky isn’t falling. We have a better 2nd string. They have a better practice squad. Calm down.

Have to disagree with you on the OL. They were hot hot fugging garbage. Like the OL coach needs to be fired yesterday garbage. There was no potential at all as a unit. I know it’s the backups but it actively looked worse than last year. 

I don't post here that often, but when I do, I try to  make it salient and positive.  I was actually formulating such a thread as this, before yesterday's game, in an appeal to all to put aside the petty squabbles, and concentrate on game and player analysis instead, now that we have some actual plays to analyze.

Glad I didn't.  I certainly couldn't have done it as well, or as thoroughly, as you did, @TheMostInterestingMan

I know opinions are now the lifeblood of society, thanks to the takeover of our lives by social media, but making it easier for every a__hole (remember the two things everybody's got) to flaunt his has resulted in the inevitable descent to the lowest common denominator of free speech.

I'm glad I won't be around in 20 years to see where this leads.  This isn't just football related; it is a civilization without civility.

Nevertheless, I remain an ardent Panther fan, and will concentrate on the good qualities of the team, its players and its leadership, and avoid complaining and blaming -- for it just makes for a happier life, in general.  Go, Panthers!

• Pie 3
  • Beer 4

The Huddle was a huge inspiration for learning more about the game and history of football for me. I was already a Panthers die hard, but it made me even more attracted to and a student of the game itself rather than just a fan of the team.

I do miss a lot of the more fun loving folks, but it's also been interesting + telling the shift in tone here and how it reflects that of the macrocosm that is society at large.

Took a several week break during the summer while working through some family medical emergencies (forever fug cancer) due to how much more toxic things seemed, and it honestly was the best thing I could've done. Came back and filled up the ignore list (I do wish I was able to add notes as to why I added somebody to ignore, whether it be sexually assaulting the dead horse or defending sexual assaults at large), and it's been a much more pleasant experience since.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

The what?

We used to have a beg rep feature here. Basically getting a poo react made your overall reputation lower. I don’t remember if that resulted in being unable to create new threads or not, but your rep used to have a meter from red to green and those in the red everyone knew to just ignore because they were clearly trolls etc. I’m not sure you could create threads if you had negative reputation.

But @Jon Snow is probably right. Now it would likely just be weaponized to attack people you don’t like. I could specifically see disagreements from the tinderbox carrying over into the football forum and being used to attack people that way. Just saying that sounds silly. That’s how I know it’s probably likely lol 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

We used to have a beg rep feature here. Basically getting a poo react made your overall reputation lower. I don’t remember if that resulted in being unable to create new threads or not, but your rep used to have a meter from red to green and those in the red everyone knew to just ignore because they were clearly trolls etc. I’m not sure you could create threads if you had negative reputation.

But @Jon Snow is probably right. Now it would likely just be weaponized to attack people you don’t like. I could specifically see disagreements from the tinderbox carrying over into the football forum and being used to attack people that way. Just saying that sounds silly. That’s how I know it’s probably likely lol 

Yeah, it doesn't sound like the self moderato is a  good plan.

I really just think some of this is going to cure itself.  Take today for instance.  The o-line bitching is way down.  Probably the lowest since I've been a member in May.  This thread may be part of it, but I think yesterday's game did too.   I'm also beating them over the head with the stats from yesterday.

We can't tone down the bitching ourselves, and probably shouldn't.  Let the O-line and Darnold do it.  

Maybe Zod is right, yet again.  Winning does cure all.

• Beer 1