• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Was Christensen the biggest surprise?

Tr3ach

1 minute ago, joemac said:

I thought he had one of those false starts in the 3 or 4 they had in a row in the 4th?  

BC was playing LG.  1st one was RT Monteiro, the second was LT Ivey, and third was everyone but the center, so the center had the snap wrong.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Another pleasant surprise was Kenny Robinson leading the defense in PFF grade with an 89.7 and they moved him around a lot.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Panthers/status/1427269115522211846?s=20

He was basically a rookie last year.  The XFL, while not college, was still a bunch of nobodies.  Since it was dubbed a "professional league", the outside expectations were a little higher for him than rest of the day 3 picks.  Kenny was kinda written off when he did little better than the guys drafted around him.  In reality he looked like a day 3 draft pick who needed a ton of work despite playing "professional football" in the XFL.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1

I think it isn't a surprise.  Going from college to the NFL is difficult.  One of his attributes that he came to us with was athletism.  He's getting good coaching and he's learning his craft.  I hope he gets some time with the 1s and learns even more.

IMO he'll continue to develop and soon he'll be in the starting line up for many years to come for us. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

The biggest surprise was that they coaches refuse to try him at LT. Why hes being banished to backup RT duties is beyond me. Try him at LT and LG as he’s played on the left side his entire career and the shift to the right side isn’t easy. The decision to try him at LT, however, is very easy and it blows my mind the coaches won’t do this