• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question...what if P.J is better then S D?

Jmac

6 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

I find it incredible that there are some folks out there who actually think one of the backup JAG QBs on the roster will start the regular season games over Darnold. Delusion is a real thing I guess.

backup QBs are only brought up because of one reason. 

Sam Darnold isn't even in Teddy Bridgewater's QB tier to date. 

7 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

I find it incredible that there are some folks out there who actually think one of the backup JAG QBs on the roster will start the regular season games over Darnold. Delusion is a real thing I guess.

I mean in 3 years since entering the NFL, that has happen each of his 3 years.... who's being delusional???

Edited by CPsinceDay1

On 8/16/2021 at 2:43 PM, Cdparr7 said:

Everyone is forgetting he went 10/21 and threw a touchdown on accident.

He had 1 TD and 2 INTs in his start. And threw 3 INTs against the Saints.

He is butt.

So basically you are giving Sam D a pass for his interceptions right? He average one per game with a 58.9%. These are the facts. Plus have yet to complete a full season. But your not worried. 

7 hours ago, Toomers said:

OK. 22 QBs chosen in the top half of the first round from 2011-19. First year of rookie deals that changed everything. 

7 are(were) worthy of that status. Cam, Luck, Watson, Mahomes, Allen, Mayfield, Murray. Tannehill and Goff could go either way. 

13 were busts. Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, Manuel, RG111, Bortles, Winston, Mariota, Darnold, Haskins, Rosen, Trubisky, Jones. 

So of 20, there is a 35% a team gets a franchise QB. Of all those busts, who “turned” it around? Tannehill was on his 2nd contract, with a major injury, on the team that drafted him.

Exactly - so there's a 65% chance you've just wasted a 1st round pick on a QB.

Even worse, teams rarely move on quickly from busted 1st round pick QBs - besides Rosen I can't think of a team that didn't give them at least 2-3 years. The Dolphins are going through that process now with Tua, for example. 

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, FamOstinato said:

So basically you are giving Sam D a pass for his interceptions right? He average one per game with a 58.9%. These are the facts. Plus have yet to complete a full season. But your not worried. 

Sam averages an interception every 31 passing attempts. PJ averages one every 10 passing attempts. These are just facts. 

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, FamOstinato said:

Considering this account was created 15 days ago, I’m guessing this is a different account.

No, PJ I’m not worried. Darnold situation was much different than yours when you do the offensive comparison. Darnold actually had a job and was drafted 3rd overall. While you were undrafted and cut placed on the PS where you belong.

• Flames 1

On 8/16/2021 at 11:33 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

PJ didn't look like the answer last year. They made their bed with Darnold. If he's terrible, it's time to lie in it. Keep trotting him out there and let him deliver a high draft pick. It is what it is for this season. We've chosen to ride with Darnold, so ride on whether it's great, good, bad, or ugly.

Exactly PJ was given opportunities and he didn't deliver. He's not totally useless trash and can be a backup but this is the season to see if Darnold is anything and if not we'll be picking top 3 as it should be. 

47 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Exactly - so there's a 65% chance you've just wasted a 1st round pick on a QB.

Even worse, teams rarely move on quickly from busted 1st round pick QBs - besides Rosen I can't think of a team that didn't give them at least 2-3 years. The Dolphins are going through that process now with Tua, for example. 

And what the rate of “turning around” a bust? Because in that case they just wasted a 2nd and 4th, plus guaranteed an unproven QB as much as a rookie QB would have cost in 4 years. Not one of those busts lasted more than their 5 year options. If that. And it’s 0% for busts to return. Which option you betting your house on? 

Edited by Toomers
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

I'm not a big fan of either taking meaningful snaps this season. Grier getting the start is not so much a depth chart declaration but more of a, "here's your last shot kid" kind of start.

6 minutes ago, Toomers said:

And what the rate of “turning around” a bust? Because in that case they just wasted a 2nd and 4th, plus guaranteed an unproven QB as much as a rookie QB would have cost for as much as the rookie would have made in 4 years. Not one of those busts lasted more than their 5 year options. If that. And it’s 0% for busts to return. Which option you betting your house on? 

I'll happily ride with Darnold and Horn. 

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Fine. Just don’t act like the “odds” favor it. People like Hail Mary attempts. 

It's a calculated gamble based on him having a poor supporting cast, no QB coach and Gase as his HC. There's a lot of talent and promise in Darnold. 

If it doesn't work out we're not tied to him and we go again next year. You would be tied to a Top 10 pick QB for 3 years. 

• Pie 1