• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Ravens at Panthers GameDay thread

Zod

5 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

He shouldn't be playing in any preseason games....

2cent.jpg

He was durable until last year. I wouldn't want him to get any unnecessary pounding in the preseason if he doesn't have to but we also can't treat him like Mr. Glass. He's a RB, so he will take a beating sooner or later. At this point, if he is going to be perpetually banged up, there is really nothing we can do about that. 

2020 gave me a huge amount of concern about his "mileage." I desperately hope that he stays healthy all of 2021 and 2020 just proves to be an outlier.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

He was durable until last year. I wouldn't want him to get any unnecessary pounding in the preseason if he doesn't have to but we also can't treat him like Mr. Glass. He's a RB, so he will take a beating sooner or later. At this point, if he is going to be perpetually banged up, there is really nothing we can do about that. 

2020 gave me a huge amount of concern about his "mileage." I hope desperately that he stays healthy all of 2021 and 2020 just proves to be an outlier.

He's the Franchise, maybe not a QB but still he is. Plus, it would be nice to see how Darnold handles the offense without CMC, you know like Teddy n PJ had to do last year. 

2 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

He's the Franchise, maybe not a QB but still he is. Plus, it would be nice to see how Darnold handles the offense without CMC, you know like Teddy n PJ had to do last year. 

If you aren't playing CMC for durability reasons, there isn't much reason to play Darnold. 

The staff seems to be pretty dead set on "ideal conditions" for Darnold to get preseason burn. Not having your MVP caliber RB playing is not very ideal. 

1 hour ago, Zod said:

I want to see Darnold complete most of his passes and have plenty of time to throw. 

I want to see the first string defense dominate and get a turnover. 

I want to see CMC break off a decent run then get on the bench. 

That would be wonderful.  Probably not going to happen, but we can hope.