• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and WR Robby Anderson have agreed to a 2-year, $29.5 million extension, per source.

SgtJoo

1 hour ago, joemac said:

We will still have plenty of money available next off season to sign a top flight LT if one somehow became available.  Have you seen how much cap space we have projected coming up the next couple of years?  And that is all before the NFL raises the cap dramatically, as is projected.  I know its foreign around here to have a lot of flexibility and cap space, but this is a new regime and they actually seem to understand how to work the salary cap.  

I think you may have missed the slight bit of sarcasm. 

I am going on the record with not being excited about this move.  I would have been perfectly fine with trading away Anderson before the season.

His attitude coming into camp was poor. He was barely there, and when he was, he was injured. We have plenty of talent at WR, especially if our draft picks show out.  This feels like a waste of money IMO.

Personally, I think it is another example of Rhule looking out for his college players. The nepotism is starting to get old.

Edited by Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Would it shock anyone if Robby was 3rd in receiving yards and 4th in rec TDs this year? 

In that context, it just doesn’t seem like the best way to go about it for me.

I suspect he'll probably be 2nd in yards and 3rd in TDs, but could be 4th if one of the TEs take off.  I think his relative team ranking is less important than what the numbers are, though.

I still think this offense's air yardage will primarily go through the WRs.  CMC will get his but I don't expect another 1k/1k from him. 

2 hours ago, Seltzer said:

It's embarrassing that we have fans complaining about securing a skill collection core of CMC, Hubbard, DJ, Robby, TMJ, Arnold, & Tremble locked up for the next few years... this is one of the best offensive skill collections we've ever had... what is there to complain about??  Paying a WR who put up 1000+ yards with a noodle arm QB market rate??  GFTOH..

14x04 season 14 krusty the clown GIF on GIFER - by Fordrenius

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I really don't get this fanbase.

This isn't actually a Fan Base.

The most noise, and the greatest repetition of nonsense, comes from trolls who like to see their names in print, and who have little life outside their basements.

15 pages of back and forth on whether these armchair GMs pass favorable judgment is an hilarious exercise in tongue wagging.

I don't know enough about cap management to venture an opinion, which would question the man who's paid to do the job.  Therefore, I simply applaud the way the team is being built, and look forward to a successful season, with an average of 30+ points being scored by this behemoth of an offense.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I suspect he'll probably be 2nd in yards and 3rd in TDs, but could be 4th if one of the TEs take off.  I think his relative team ranking is less important than what the numbers are, though.

I still think this offense's air yardage will primarily go through the WRs.  CMC will get his but I don't expect another 1k/1k from him. 

I have CMC hovering around 900ish as realistic.   Sam’s last season the Jets actually tried Bell was 2nd on the team in receptions.   So it’s not like Sam isn’t likely to make good use of the best receiver out of the backfield in the business. 

2 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

Why are people freaking out, it's a two year deal, and we have DJ in his 4th year now, we have his 5th year picked up, and IF ABSOLUTELY NEEDED the franchise tag. 

DJ isn't going anywhere, this is set up to let Robbie play and transition to a DJ & TMJ led WR core in 2023. 

Logic Does Not Resemble GIF - Logic Does Not Resemble Earth Logic -  Discover & Share GIFs

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I have CMC hovering around 900ish as realistic.   Sam’s last season the Jets actually tried Bell was 2nd on the team in receptions.   So it’s not like Sam isn’t likely to make good use of the best receiver out of the backfield in the business. 

I expect that Brady will scheme to get CMC plenty of chances, and he'll certainly get the ball often, but I kinda expect this to be a relatively down year for him in yards compared to some. I kinda expect it to be more like his first couple games last year, with 1 r 2 more targets per game.