• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the defense TOO multiple?

kungfoodude

I don’t want to sound rude but come on dude. All great defenses do this on occasion. If you always a rushing your down lineman and have great coverage down field the flat will always be open. If you are aware that the opponent is over using their check down options sometimes you have to pop out with a DE or 3-4 OLB. This has been done for years, all the great DEs have done it and gotten interceptions or passes defended. 

7 minutes ago, TheoJay10 said:

I don’t want to sound rude but come on dude. All great defenses do this on occasion. If you always a rushing your down lineman and have great coverage down field the flat will always be open. If you are aware that the opponent is over using their check down options sometimes you have to pop out with a DE or 3-4 OLB. This has been done for years, all the great DEs have done it and gotten interceptions or passes defended. 

Read the rest of the thread or the bolded part of the original post.

Lol my bad, anytime I see David Newton I can’t read anymore. That’s why I didn’t wanna sound rude because you’ve been around a while. Can we petition ESPN to force this guy into early retirement and just get Smitty or a Panther great to cover us. Hell Geoff Schwartz would be perfect the more I think about it. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, TheoJay10 said:

Lol my bad, anytime I see David Newton I can’t read anymore. That’s why I didn’t wanna sound rude because you’ve been around a while. Can we petition ESPN to force this guy into early retirement and just get Smitty or a Panther great to cover us. Hell Geoff Schwartz would be perfect the more I think about it. 

Wasn't even Newton. Just some ESPN writer. Read the article and it will make you even more upset. It's an article about the game in which we are barely featured.

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Real talk though, shows how much ESPN knows about our roster. The fuging write up about our game was 100% about Haskins. 

Dont Laugh Oops GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

I watched the Steelers stream for a little bit - they had  no clue who Burns was. Or anyone on our roster really. 

The disrespect was real. They were blatantly reading nameplates on jerseys. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

I watched the Steelers stream for a little bit - they had  no clue who Burns was. Or anyone on our roster really. 

The disrespect was real. They were blatantly reading nameplates on jerseys. 

I think that probably tells the story of that Brian Burns for defensive MVP bet.........

Whelp. Gotta build that rep. It starts in 15 days.

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32099410/carolina-panthers-give-dwayne-haskins-steelers-backups-lesson-tough-preseason-finale

Seems like a waste of an MVP caliber DE to have him playing CB, although he did snag an INT.......

In all seriousness though. Yes. I don’t think we can carry him at CB. Too much competition, he doesn’t seem to have the proper physique and skill set to play CB. 

• Flames 1