• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

YOU'RE ALLOWED TO BRING BACK TWO PANTHERS IN THEIR PRIME TO THIS YEARS TEAM... WHO AND WHY?

TheBigKat

44 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Easiest answer ever. Jordan Gross and Cam Newton.

Those guys probably make this offense top 5 in the NFL.

Realistically suckitude in the middle of the OL is the only thing that could prevent it. Our skill positions are stacked, QB and OL are the question marks. Put the two best ever at those positions...and we would hardly need the nasty D it looks like we're gonna have to win games. This roster with Cam and Gross blows a whole lotta teams out of the water.

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Slow your roll a little. Remember these are some young, young, young, young guys out there. It's gonna take some polish for them to be that kind of defense, even if they did have Luke.

I disagree. I think Luke is his own incredible piece but he also elevates everyone else on the D. Burns and Luke are already pro bowl level, and I think chinn is there this year too 

Any correct answer has to include Cam. The question is what player in their prime, Cam in his prime is the best player we ever had. 

Gross has to be #2 because of the state of our O-line. 

#2 could change over time depending on how the team is constructed but #1 will almost always be the same. 

Edited by PootieNunu

Really has to be Gross and Cam

I mean our defense needs help and doing a Peppers/Luke could make them a Ravens/TB side of the ball that could win it all with Chinn being the 3rd level guy we literally have never had while having someone like Peppers/Luke in front. But the best/safe bet for today's NFL is def Gross/Cam since that's obv MVP Cam and not injured shoulder Cam. 

Cam and Luke. 

My first instinct was Gross/Cam, but no single OL would make this line great by themselves. Cam was able to put our offense in the top 10 with an average OL and no real weapons like we have now. 

Even with this line, I think if you put early 2018 Cam in the huddle, this would be a top 5 offense. And yes, I meant to say 2018. I think that was his best football, and hitting those short, quick passes is something he’d need to be able to do in this system with this line. 

You put Luke in charge of this defense and I think it’s top 5, maybe top 1. 

With Cam and Luke, I think this team would beat our 2015 team by two touchdowns. 

39 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Jakes prime was 29tds 15 ints 3.8k passing yards

What is your reasoning for Jake over Cam?

Pretty obvious. He doesn't like Cam.

There is no other argument to be made for anyone in our history over prime Cam. Not even my favorite players, like Smitty and Peppers. We have never had a player that can and did dominate games like Cam at his peak.

36 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Jakes prime was 29tds 15 ints 3.8k passing yards

What is your reasoning for Jake over Cam?

That's what you are coming at me with?

Jake played for John Fox.

The man who said a punt was a good play.

The man who ran more draws on 3rd than the rest of the league combined. 

The man who would routinely sit on a 5 pt lead until the defense ultimately cracked and then would turn to Jake and say save us.

Do you really need me to list the myriad of reasons I have?

17 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

That's what you are coming at me with?

Jake played for John Fox.

The man who said a punt was a good play.

The man who ran more draws on 3rd than the rest of the league combined. 

The man who would routinely sit on a 5 pt lead until the defense ultimately cracked and then would turn to Jake and say save us.

Do you really need me to list the myriad of reasons I have?

I mean legitimate reasons, Cam played with coaches with that same mindset. Jake had 1/4 the talent Cam had.