• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who From the Panthers has Potential Trade Value to Improve Other Areas of the Team and/or Acquire Draft Picks?

Seltzer

48 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Trade PJ Walker to the team that he was originally with (Colts). Especially since all they have is Eason right now.

PJ is by far our best back up right now. That being said, TRADE HIM. 

We are sink or swim with Sam.

If Sam goes down due to injury, I want a top draft pick. 

5 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Fair enough. But whose spot does he take? That's what I'm having difficulty understanding. So I thought maybe it could be YGMs but if not his then whose?

Don't they quite like Fox inside on obvious passing downs?

That leaves you with Haynes, Burns YGM and Johnson at DE in a 4-3 base. Haynes, Burns and Reddick (and maybe Luvu) if you stand them up at OLB and play 3 DL. 

6 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I don't think our roster is deep enough for our potential cuts to have trade value.  We're trading for other team's scraps.

We got Draft picks for Little, who has proven he can't play in this league, and Perryman, who ANYONE could have signed as a FA.

Don't doubt for a minute that Fitterer is on the phones trying to trade people up until 9pm (my time) tomorrow.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, RJK said:

AJ Bouye. Secondary looks much improved making him relatively expendable. After his suspension is up or if a playoff team loses a corner early in the year I bet he could be flipped 

slow your roll, cowboy, it's been the preseason and Jaycee never really saw the field. It all depends on the pressure we get, but we will be clamming for Bouye to start over Jackson by week 4.

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, RumHam said:

slow your roll, cowboy, it's been the preseason and Jaycee never really saw the field. It all depends on the pressure we get, but we will be clamming for Bouye to start over Jackson by week 4.

Don’t get me wrong. I like Bouye and expect him to play a big role, but the OP was who could be traded to add value at other positions. Bouye is the only valuable player capable of a decent return  I’d consider moving if the price is right.

Edited by RJK

59 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Don't they quite like Fox inside on obvious passing downs?

That leaves you with Haynes, Burns YGM and Johnson at DE in a 4-3 base. Haynes, Burns and Reddick (and maybe Luvu) if you stand them up at OLB and play 3 DL. 

So, you think Hoskins in the odd man out? That's what I'm wondering. Which of the DL that were most expected to make the team is gone now. By your list that would be Hoskins. I'm assuming ofc that your listing Brown and Roy as his back up although I guess instead of Hoskins out it could be Roy. 

1 hour ago, CanadianCat said:

PJ is by far our best back up right now. That being said, TRADE HIM. 

We are sink or swim with Sam.

If Sam goes down due to injury, I want a top draft pick. 

Care to explain how that works?

PJ 2021 - 16 / 39, 252

Will 2021 - 22 / 31, 222

PJ looked like absolute donkey after that first game.  The guy only managed to complete six passes total in the last two games.  And he's "by far our best backup"?

Set aside the agenda, evaluate what's actually happening.  I'm not saying Grier is great.  I'm not saying he'll ever be a Derek Anderson level backup.  What I am saying however is that objectively speaking, Grier has been better than PJ this preseason, and honestly not all that bad.

I'm not sure Grier will ever be a serviceable backup.  I'm 100% sure PJ will not.  If you can't complete 50% of your passes, you have no place in todays NFL.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

So, you think Hoskins in the odd man out? That's what I'm wondering. Which of the DL that were most expected to make the team is gone now. By your list that would be Hoskins. I'm assuming ofc that your listing Brown and Roy as his back up although I guess instead of Hoskins out it could be Roy. 

One thing Rhule talks about is keeping the best 53 players on the roster.

So it might be all 9 and carry 1 less LB. I haven't roster-baited in a long time though so I'm just spitballing here. 

In the modern NFL you're in Nickel a lot of the time anyway - and we know they love to play 3 S. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

PJ 2021 - 16 / 39, 252

Will 2021 - 22 / 31, 222

PJ looked like absolute donkey after that first game.  The guy only managed to complete six passes total in the last two games.  And he's "by far our best backup"?

Set aside the agenda, evaluate what's actually happening.  I'm not saying Grier is great.  I'm not saying he'll ever be a Derek Anderson level backup.  What I am saying however is that objectively speaking, Grier has been better than PJ this preseason, and honestly not all that bad.

I'm not sure Grier will ever be a serviceable backup.  I'm 100% sure PJ will not.  If you can't complete 50% of your passes, you have no place in todays NFL.

You have clearly watched more preseason than me. So substitute PJ for Will... doesnt matter, the point remains, if we can get trade value take it.

We live or die with Sam.  

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

PJ 2021 - 16 / 39, 252

Will 2021 - 22 / 31, 222

Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

• Beer 1