• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

Just now, jb2288 said:

Man, how does he NOT end up in Washington? I can’t really see any other scenario right now. I’d actually like to see him play with Ron again and a stellar D 

Ron doesn’t want unvaxed players.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

I was thinking he was primed for a good season. Ultimately I honestly think one thing really caused this.

I think he would've had a better season but would have been benched after one bad game in favor of Jones.  That whole city and the organization is trying to manifest him to be the next Brady.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I wish Cam would just announce his retirement.  Hate to see the ending get worse and worse. 

forget Houston.  Cam's ego and career has already taken a big hit......he would just get murdered in Houston.   He went to NE to prove everyone wrong.  That opportunity doesn't exist in Hou. 

Backup QB is a great paying gig, don't have to do much. I'd be surprised if he retired. 

Just now, NAS said:

I think you're right, although he would have been on a very short leash.  I think Mac was going to start at some point but Cam would have at least been the backup.  Now he's out of a job.

I love Cam.  I think he still had something left in him.  But he was never going to be the guy that played here again.  Going to Mac Jones makes sense.  Mac Jones has looked good IMO.  And I am a Mac hater. 

but it is surprising Cam wasn't kept.  Gotta think it wasn't about play.   Either the COVID issue became a deal breaker or Cam simply couldn't remain once told he would be the backup. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, jb2288 said:

Man, how does he NOT end up in Washington? I can’t really see any other scenario right now. I’d actually like to see him play with Ron again and a stellar D 

Ron’s immune system is messed up so don’t think he wants any unvaccinated players.

• Pie 2

Just now, t96 said:

Backup QB is a great paying gig, don't have to do much. I'd be surprised if he retired. 

Yeah, but this is Cam Newton.  Journeyman backup IMO was never in the cards to finish out his career.... even if he technically could do the job. 

• Pie 1

Just now, CRA said:

Either the COVID issue became a deal breaker or Cam simply couldn't remain once told he would be the backup. 

It's an interesting point, do you think Cam asked to be cut rather than be a backup?

28 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Woooooow.  Wtf?!?!?!?  Belichick is a fuging asshole.  After all that talk about him and Cam having a bond?  Cam deserved so much better..

I hope Mac Jones sucks ass.

Jones does and will suck ass. But Cam was never the answer for the Pats, Belichick had to do something at QB and as soon as he drafted Jones that high it was just a matter of time before he was starting.

I hate Belichick too but I think he did Cam a favor. It's not all that unlikely that Bill told Cam he was going to be the backup and Cam asked to be released. It's MUCH better than being traded to some sh*thole situation that he didn't want to go to.

• Pie 2