• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers waiver claims and practice squad signings

Mr. Scot

14 minutes ago, BrianS said:

That is . . . not a good career from an NFL prospect point of view.

The vast majority of college QB's see their completion percentage drop when coming to the NFL, and that guy doesn't have any room to drop.  And it's not like he was airing it out.

Not sure what we saw here other than a guy who might know the Jets playbook.

Our back up QB completed 40% of his passes in the preseason. It’s decent for us.

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, BrianS said:

That is . . . not a good career from an NFL prospect point of view.

The vast majority of college QB's see their completion percentage drop when coming to the NFL, and that guy doesn't have any room to drop.  And it's not like he was airing it out.

Not sure what we saw here other than a guy who might know the Jets playbook.

That's the real reason, plus it keeps Zod and David Newton busy researching about him...

Edited by CPsinceDay1

44 minutes ago, CRA said:

they did win a handful with Dalton last year.  And Dalton looks like he belongs in the XFL at this stage. 

What would be worse? 

Losing to Will Grier with the Cowboys? 

Or Cam going to  Hou and losing to Cam complimented by the worst team in football? 

Don't rule out both happening. Or neither, if our offense balls out and the upperclassman Owls step up.

8 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Our back up QB completed 40% of his passes in the preseason. It’s decent for us.

That may be true but you are not seeing the whole picture. WR dropped a lot of catchable ball thrown there way. And that is a fact. Given people pie and not letting them know it’s crap. 😂

38 minutes ago, CRA said:

Stats clearly don't tell you what actually happened but here they are

Game 3 - 13/23, 52%, 158 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 2 sacks. Fum. 

Game 2 - 1/3, 33%, 5 yards

Game 1 - 5/9, 55%, 45 yards

Has a better arm than Grier (he starts at 4.10).

Edited by OldhamA
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Woo hoo! If he didn’t miss time last year, I don’t want him. Kidding aside, that’s some ugly poo.

It sure seems our GMs cannot locate OL.  "Pssst. Elflein, Cam Erving--put down those cardboard signs and get over here.  I have some money and contracts for you..."

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

It sure seems our GMs cannot locate OL.  "Pssst. Elflein, Cam Erving--put down those cardboard signs and get over here.  I have some money and contracts for you..."

I still want to see them play for 4 games before passing judgement. 

As for Jordan, who knows. He seems to have very quickly fallen out of favour - started pre-season as the starter. He's worth kicking the tyres on.

I will say we're definitely leaning towards athleticism over size on the Oline. We're going to get bullied in short yardage situations.

Edited by OldhamA
  • Pie 1

18 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I still want to see them play for 4 games before passing judgement. 

As for Jordan, who knows. He seems to have very quickly fallen out of favour - started pre-season as the starter. He's worth kicking the tyres on.

I will say we're definitely leaning towards athleticism over size on the Oline. We're going to get bullied in short yardage situations.

Wide zone blocking scheme?