• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Moore cut

Captain Morgan

11 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

So how did we go from Joe Brady not using TE’s last year to keeping 5? I’m a little confused right now, plus only two rbs well u can count Cannon but damn has to be weirdest roster I’ve ever seen. Rhule better get his crap straight or he’s not going to last long.

Must be planning on CMC getting a massive workload and running a lot of 21 and 22 personnel... and some major changes to the offense

I agree with you about the weird roster part, but I also felt that way to start the 2015 season too when we went into some games with only J-Stew and Tolbert as the active backs and only 4-5 WR active...

Not saying there are any similarities beyond that, though.

It certainly does appear this team is planning to grind the clock and count on the defense stepping up... I hope it works.

• Beer 1

Just now, Ace420 said:

I think they are going to run 2 TE sets alot to help with the oline. I expect to see alot of tremble.

I can definitely see them doing that a lot the first few games.  But other teams will catch on to that quickly.  Its going to be a challenge to keep Sam upright this season. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, travisura said:

It is curious to me that David Moore gets cut while Ian Thomas remains. Must be some information we're not privy to.

I think it shows that David Moore was more of a luxury when it comes to our plans. Like others mentioned us maybe using a 2 TE set. I'd maybe keep my eyes out for any TE's that end up released that we like over thomas. If none, then well another year of Ian unfortunately.

Just now, CarolinaLivin said:

I think it shows that David Moore was more of a luxury when it comes to our plans. Like others mentioned us maybe using a 2 TE set. I'd maybe keep my eyes out for any TE's that end up released that we like over thomas. If none, then well another year of Ian unfortunately.

He was part the plan until the draft happened.  The team didn't know who was going to be available to them in the draft.  I'm glad the didn't decide to pass on Marshallor Smith just because they had Moore.  

Now don't come at me with the QB argument because I've got nothing on that one. I cannot decipher their master plan on that one.  Just when I think I know where they are going with it they throw me a knuckle ball.

• Pie 5

8 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

This team values Ian Thomas much more than the fans evidently.  When I was at practice, he got a lot of reps with the 1's.  I think he is going to get way more playing time in this offense than people think.

Reading the tea leaves, the offense we have shown in the preseason much be radically different than what we plan to run when the season starts

• Pie 2

So that's 2 significant FAs who didn't even make it threw camp. The other got trade.  

2 of them we kept eflein and Erving are also ones that should be on the street right now.

Fitt is showing so far that FA agency signings from other teams is not gonna be his nitch.

Edited by CPF4LIFE